Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

how to show event date and time in event content view?

right now people must go back from event content to events main page to see event date-time.. it is not good.

1. date-time-in-event-content-view
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

You can achieve that but it will require some customization in the layout of this event content type. Below is my suggestion:
    – Go to the file: root/templates/ja_teline_v (your default template)/html/layouts/joomla/content/item/event.php
    – Under the block of code for the event location, you add this snippet of code:

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.blog_style_default_item_title', $item); ?>
    <div class="event-info">
    <ul>
    <li>
    <i class="fa fa-calendar-o"></i>
    <span itemprop="startDate"><?php echo JHtml::_('date', $item->params->get('ctm_start',''), 'DATE_FORMAT_LC3'); ?></span>
    -
    <span itemprop="endDate"><?php echo JHtml::_('date', $item->params->get('ctm_end',''), 'DATE_FORMAT_LC3'); ?></span>
    </li>

<li itemprop="location">
    <i class="fa fa-building"></i><?php echo $item->params->get('ctm_venue',''); ?>
    </li>

<li itemprop="address">
    <i class="fa fa-location-arrow"></i><?php echo $item->params->get('ctm_addr1',''); ?>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </div>

as this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/7egqlb

– And then, of course, you can add additional style for it

Hope this helps.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

You can achieve that but it will require some customization in the layout of this event content type. Below is my suggestion:
    – Go to the file: root/templates/ja_teline_v (your default template)/html/layouts/joomla/content/item/event.php
    – Under the block of code for the event location, you add this snippet of code:

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.blog_style_default_item_title', $item); ?>
    <div class="event-info">
    <ul>
    <li>
    <i class="fa fa-calendar-o"></i>
    <span itemprop="startDate"><?php echo JHtml::_('date', $item->params->get('ctm_start',''), 'DATE_FORMAT_LC3'); ?></span>
    -
    <span itemprop="endDate"><?php echo JHtml::_('date', $item->params->get('ctm_end',''), 'DATE_FORMAT_LC3'); ?></span>
    </li>

<li itemprop="location">
    <i class="fa fa-building"></i><?php echo $item->params->get('ctm_venue',''); ?>
    </li>

<li itemprop="address">
    <i class="fa fa-location-arrow"></i><?php echo $item->params->get('ctm_addr1',''); ?>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </div>

as this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/7egqlb

– And then, of course, you can add additional style for it

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum