Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi,

How can I modify the date on the top left template and how to add a side the text “Hi, John Doe” after someone login on the website.
    Thanks.

1. JA-NEX
    himangi Friend

Hi You can display login module at position topmenu-left. Display module to registered members only and with minor css changes you will have it displayed like in the attached screenshot.

1. screenshot
    abdenour Friend

Hi,

Thanks for your response but on my screenshot I don’t want the logout button but only the “Hi, John DOE”. The second things is I want have on the date the day. Like Monday 23 january 2012.

himangi Friend

Hi,

To add day of the week you need to edit templates/ja_nex/blocks/topmenu.php and add echo “<span class=”date”>”.date (‘l’).”</span>”; like

<blockquote><p class=”ja-day”>
    <?php
    echo “<span class=”date”>”.date (‘l’).”</span>”;
    echo “<span class=”date”>”.date (‘d’).”</span>”;
    echo “<span class=”month”>”.JText::_(strtoupper(date (‘F’))).”</span>”;
    echo “<span class=”year”>”.date (‘Y’).”</span>”;

?>
    </p></blockquote>

Regarding the greetings, I would suggest you to use login module as I suggested earlier and using module class suffix to the particular module, hide the logout button.. You can use Login module else where if you need it.

abdenour Friend

Hi,

Thanks, the date work correctly. For the greeting, I have do that but I didn’t arrive to hide the login button. What I must insert on the css to hide the login button. I have try with hidden and dispaly: none but that don’t work.

himangi Friend

Can you please provide site url where I can see this and tell you what need to be done.. Add whatever styling you have tried in the css so that I will know why that is not getting applied and post the styling you give here so that I will know what you have done exactly..

abdenour Friend

Hi,

I can’t give you the url because it’s an intranet website.
    The css I have tried is this :

.button-invisible
    input,
    button {
    display: none;
    }

after that I add on the login module the suffix : button-invisible

himangi Friend

Please follow the steps below and see if that hides the Logout button..

1. Edit the login module and give it module class suffix _hidebutton and save the module.

2. Edit template.css and add div.moduletable_hidebutton input.button {display:none;} and save the file.

3. Clear JAT3 cache and browser cache and check if the button is hidden

abdenour Friend

Sorry Himangi, but I did exactly what you said and the button is not hidden. See picture below.

1. cacher-bouton
    himangi Friend

It’s difficult to tell what is happening on your site and why the styling isnt working without seeing it. See if you can upload your site somewhere on live server so that I can access it and tell you what to do.

abdenour Friend

Hi,

I have send you a private message with my intranet url website and login, password.

Thanks for your help.

globalchin Friend

Can you help me how to completely remove the whole top.menu black color including the date

abdenour Friend

Go to templatesja_nexblockstopmenu.php and delete all the lines below :

<p class="ja-day">
    <?php
    echo "<span class="date">".date ('l')."</span>";
    echo "<span class="date">".date ('d')."</span>";
    echo "<span class="month">".JText::_(strtoupper(date ('F')))."</span>";
    echo "<span class="year">".date ('Y')."</span>";

?>
    </p>

<?php if($this->countModules('topmenu-left')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="topmenu-left" />
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if($this->countModules('topmenu-right')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="topmenu-right" />
    <?php endif; ?>

himangi Friend

@abdenour,
    I am getting 500 error when I try to login at the url you sent, same error on frontend and backend..

@globalchin,
    If you want to remove the entire block, you can simply remove the code line <block name=”topmenu” type=”topmenu” ></block> from the default layout, no need to edit topmenu.php in that case. But if you only want to remove the date and keep using the module positions topmenu-left and topmenu-right with some other colored background instead of black then edit the topmenu.php and remove the following code only.
    <blockquote><p class=”ja-day”>
    <?php
    echo “<span class=”date”>”.date (‘d’).”</span>”;
    echo “<span class=”month”>”.JText::_(strtoupper(date (‘F’))).”</span>”;
    echo “<span class=”year”>”.date (‘Y’).”</span>”;

?>
    </p> </blockquote>

To change background color, edit template.css file and find
    <blockquote>#ja-topmenu {
    background: #222;
    border-bottom: solid 1px #111;
    color: #999;
    padding: 5px 0;
    }</blockquote>

Replace #222 with the colorcode you want..

abdenour Friend

@himangi,

I have tested the website url I have send you on a PM and It’s work fine at my home and on my office where I work. Perhaps you have another css code to hide the button login/logout of the login module ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  abdenour 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum