Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone,

I’m using JA University and I want to customize the look and layout of the SPOTLIGHT footer modules (IE: id=”ja-botsl1″).

I know i can manipulate positions from the module manage, but where can I get a hold of the actual source code? I want to play around with the PHP code so I can nest the copyright information inside the spotlight in an overlapping fashion. I can’t do this by simply moving around modules and unpublishing/publishing in the backend… i want to edit the source files but I don’t know where to look within the root directory structure (and all the files/folders within it).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

Might you be able to provide a mock-up screenshot of what it is you are wanting to accomplish?

tslavinaaws Friend

Thanks for responding, Tom! I have attached a screenshot of what I’m talking about.

Again, I’m trying to do this for the University template. I wanted to try and get access to the php doc that has the actual module postions in it so i could move them around a bit. I used to be able to do this with earlier versions of joomla circa 2008-09, but it’s different now.

1. footer
    phong nam Friend

Hi,

On JA University template, the layout of “spotlight” blocks is defined in pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultblocksspotlight.php.
    And the botsl1 block is defined in templatesja_universityetclayoutsdefault.xml at line:

<block name="botsl1" type="spotlight">user17, user18, user19, user20</block>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum