Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I wonder who could make a new template in half hour by customizing JA_T3 blank: I can’t!
    I’ve read just about everything : guides, faqs, wiki, I’ve tried the JA_purity_iii tutorial, I’ve watched the videos, I’ve gone through the forum’s relevant threads, I use Firefox and Firebug … nothing works – for me!
    For instance, following this thread’s advice: (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-and-where-to-adjust-css-file/) I made a theme, uploaded it via FTP (when I tried to zip it and upload through the T3 gui I get this error message:”The required file info.xml was not found!” even though it is present) to template/JA-t3/local/themes/mytheme/css; in template.css I put all the css I need (css image maps, css tools -thumbnails, tooltips- and typo) and … no change. I re-checked that Development Mode was enabled, cache disabled: they were; then that “Optimize CSS and JS” were set to no: they are. I might as well play violin.
    So … What am I doing wrong????
    PS: There seems to be a bug in the Joomla 1.5 + T3 package because, after install on the server, the T3 plugin doesn’t show in the plugin manager and there is no way to install the blank template.

korb Friend

Is your theme assigned to any profiles? Is that profile selected in front-end? Mate, the wikies can answer all your questions. See all resources in my signature.

Regards,
    Danny

jmll Friend

Hi, That was it:the new theme was not assigned to any profile. Thanks.

veeco Friend

for me, it takes 5 minutes to install.. but still 2 days to complete… Remember T3 Blank is not blank, you still have a lot CSS to override if you use custom design… but hey.. in 2 days you can get a desktop version and mobile version.. it’s still worth the effort for me though…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  veeco 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum