Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have a quickstart install of Joomla 3.1 JA Brisk running. Really cool. I quickly grasped the new layout customization system except for one thing. With the old XML layout files, you could move blocks up or down. I could put the slideshow on top of the mainmenu. I could delete the header from the front page. All layout blocks could be easily juggled vertically and horizontally for almost total control.
    So, how do I do that now? I like the basic layout but want to do some special things on the front page. I might want to add a header. I want to play with the slideshow position. Etc…
    I assume the XML layout have been replaced by Bootstrap. Where are the source files for the layout control screen in the template manager view?
    Also, I thought I’d get more than one layout choice. The only ones that uploaded are “default” and “home.”
    Thanks much,
    -JG

Saguaros Moderator

Hi JG,

Please checkout documentation / video guide to understand more about T3 framework here: http://t3-framework.org/video-series.html

Hope it helps.

gribblej Friend

I did read the documentation several times and it’s a little vague. In T3 for Joomla 2.5, just for example, it was easy to delete the main menu block in the front-page layout in the XML file. Now how do I do that? JA Brisk doesn’t seem to allow it. The mega menu appears to be locked in place at the top and cannot be deleted or moved. Correct?
    Please give me instructions for another simple task: I want to modify a layout to put the slideshow block ABOVE the mainmenu/header block. Where and how do I make those edits?
    Thanks,
    -JG

Saguaros Moderator

Hi JG,

You can go to directory: templatesja_brisktpls there are 2 files representing 2 layouts: default.php and home.php.

If you want to put slideshow block above header block, you can simply swap these 2 lines of code:

[PHP]
    <?php $this->loadBlock (‘header’) ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock (‘slideshow’) ?>
    [/PHP]

Regards

gribblej Friend

Great. I thought so. But, it would be nice to get to the source file right from the template manager like you could in the old version of T3. I guess those of us who are deep into pimping our sites will figure it out.
    Thanks much,
    -JG

Saguaros Moderator

That’s a good idea, JG, will pass this to dev team for further consideration 🙂

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum