Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I’m paying with new Purity III template and would like to know the best way to change CSS rules (colors, font sizing…).
    I don’t like the ThemeMagic… Sorry 🙁
    Development Mode is ON and I can see that Firebug send me to t3…dev… folder (default theme). So I can easy find what I need to change and it’s working. But after restart my WAMP services all my changes are desapiars. Strange…
    And in your tutorial I can’t find good example… HOW TO…

Thanks in advance for your help

swissa Friend

Have you been through the documentation?

T3 assets is a cache file so changing there won’t save.

If you have Development Mode ON then you have to work with .less files.

If you turn Dev Mode OFF then you work with (the real) CSS files and you should save changes to custom.css.

jeannine Friend

Sorry I do not get it either. I have been looking up the documentation, but cannot find the related articles. Could you provide direkt link please?

I also do not really get it.. I disabled devolpment mode in default purity iii template. But still I can see the linked stylesheet is in T3 folder. Yes, I also cleared cache.. 😉

Also I do not understand, does it speed the site up when development mode is set to off? What is the advantage/disadvantage?

and.. how to make the adjustments to styles saved in long term..?

Kind regards

<em>@swissa 426100 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have you been through the documentation?

T3 assets is a cache file so changing there won’t save.

If you have Development Mode ON then you have to work with .less files.

If you turn Dev Mode OFF then you work with (the real) CSS files and you should save changes to custom.css.</blockquote>

TomC Moderator

Hi Jeannie:

It is very much recommended that you look over the PURITY III USER GUIDE & DOCUMENTATION to develop an understanding of how things work within the Purity III files and site administration.

I would also highly recommend reading through the User Guide and Documentation related to the JAT3v2 FRAMEWORK – as it will provide you with a strong foundation as to how not only Purity III works, but all contemporary JoomlArt Club Templates.

🙂

jeannine Friend

Hello again.

I am afraid I even get more confused and do not know how to add my own styles.. Following http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/wiki-ja-t3v2-joomla-2-5/customization – this seems to refer to an older template, but I followed the steps with the result that my copied and renamed template does not appear in backend. I also cannot find the mentioned folders and files.

Following this http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/purity-iii/customization#customize-theme
    I cannot find the thememagic administration in frontend.. below left hand menu.

I am even more confused and uncertain.. I still don’t understand what setting development mode does and how I can duplicate template and edit css with my own styles. I now duplicated default purity iii in backend and renamed it. Shall I also duplicate all other “substyles” as fx magazine, Blog, Features Intro, Corporate, etc.. or should I override all styles? :((

The more I look up the documentation the more frustrated I get, I find its navigation very confusing, as I get deeper into a section and out of the root structure navigation..

swissa Friend

Hi

You are using T3V3 not V2 as mentioned by Tom above. Use this documentation – http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/purity-iii

The easiest way to do any css changes is to use a custom.css file. It is the last .css file loaded.

To see the right css to edit you need development set to OFF. If it is set to off the real css shows. If it set to on then you have to make changes in the .less files. So for you, just set it to off and work with css files.

I don’t know what you are trying to achieve with the other layouts but yes, if you want to ensure that they don’t get overwritten by an update, clone them and styles if you want to change them so that in effect you have your own set of templates and style files. They won’t be overwritten by updates.

Theme-magic is not accessed from the front-end. It is done via Template Manager – with a preview so that you can see how the changes will look before committing to them.

Hope that helps explain it better

jeannine Friend

Yes, thank you very much indeed. I am very happy for your nice explaination! 🙂

jeannine Friend

Hello again. Will you please help again? I now set development to OFF, but when I check css with firebug I now get pathes like: http://seniorerhvervdanmark.dk.web16.redhost.dk/t3-assets/css/css-65d30.css?t=959 .. instead off the correct relevant style sheet..

swissa Friend

In Template Manager for the template you are working on, choose the ‘General’ tab and ensure that ‘Optimise CSS’ and ‘Optimise JS’ are also set to ‘OFF’. That will stop them being combined and minimised and the proper file will show.

Hope that sorts it for you!!

jeannine Friend

yeaaaa! Thanks so much! You are my HERO! 😎

swissa Friend

Thanks.

Good luck with the site. Purity III is a great template.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum