Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

How can I place custom text, such as a phone number at the bottom of the JA Teline III template? I would like it on every page and I would probably like to include the phone number and address. I get calls at my office all the time with people telling me how they couldn’t ever locate our phone number on our website.

Phill Moderator

Could you give me a link to your site and an image showing exactly where you want it? There is probably already a module position available.

bboukari Friend

Thank you so much for your assistance.
    Here is/are the links to our site. They are one in the same. I just want to put that custom text at the very bottom in the center. I think that’s where most people naturally look for it.
    -Bryan
    http://www.alachuatoday.com
    or
    http://www.alachuacountytoday.com

Phill Moderator

Could you PM me a super login account and an ftp account. It would not be tonight but tomorrow I could take a look at adding a new position for you. This template is based on the older version of the T3 framework. Personally I would update if it was my site but I can fully understand why you are not at this time.

bboukari Friend

Phill,
    I’ve been wanting to update the site. I’m not completely sure of the benefits. But I do want to move to the latest Joomla version and the latest version of this template. My only issue, however, is that there doesn’t seem to be an easy way of doing such updates without losing all of my content.
    Are you aware of an easy to of accomplishing this update?
    I tried to install the new JAT3 framework module/plugin, but it generated some sort of an error.
    I would love to do a wholesale upgrade and be able to just pop all of my many hundreds or thousands of articles and images back into the new site. I just haven’t found out how that’s possible.
    It seems like each new version of the templates require me to do a buggy install of component by component or use the

Phill Moderator

I will not say upgrading is an easy task. Migrating your data can be done with some of the various migration tools on the JED. But with all these things there will always be hurdles to overcome.

On the template front it seems that you have not made too many customizations so on that front it would not be too hard.

Still happy to add to your existing template if you wish to drop me a PM.

Phill Moderator

Thanks for your PM. Unfortunately the login details you have sent do not work plus you have not included an ftp account. I would need both to be able to help here.

Phill Moderator

Thanks for the updated info. First things first, your are running a very out of date version of Joomla (version 1.5.17) which is no longer supported. You would need to update that to Joomla 1.5.25 before I can help.

Secondly, I did take a look at your back end but it seems you have some server problems. For instance if I try and go to your clear cache to try and clear your cache the server gives a timeout error message.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum