Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi!

So I previously made a post about custom template work and had questions about JA Uber and JA ACM.

Right now I am currently working on a Jomsocial website and am currently using iJoomla Jomsocial team Socialize v2.1.

It just recently came out and runs off of latest version of T3 framework v2.5.1.

My previous question was about using JA ACM with this template and why it could only be used with JA Uber and JA Teline V as someone on here previously told me in a previous thread post.

I think they meant to say that JA ACM only works with the latest JA templates that were built off of T3 v2.5.1.

Is this correct???

So anyway, my question would now be is it possible to integrate aspects and pages of other JA templates into one overall website as long as the JA template is compatible with the latest T3 v2.5.1???

And what if some of these templates are not compatible with the same base framework – is it still possible???

In other words – could I have one website that has menu item types that could have a page similar to JA Smashboard, JA Fixel, JA Wall (even though it does not use T3 at all), JA Uber one page landing page for startups etc???

At the end of the day every template you guys make is very similar, but also different depending on the use of jQuery plugins and various JA extensions, plugins, and components etc and even custom integrations such as JA Wall and JA Fixel use of jQuery masonry plugin.

I really like your guys’ smashboard template and would love to make this entire template a single menu item type within my entire overall website.

I have also been in the process of making my own custom block and module positions/layout and assignments in code after checking out your video tutorials and checking out the documentation, but was just wondering if it would even be possible to create a Joomla! website that is mainly based off of T3 v2.5.1 with a megamenu etc, but then also allowing for instances of other JA templates such as those listed above.

It’s one thing to just create custom block layouts and assign modules to custom block layout positions, but I was just wondering if it would even be possible to combine JA templates into one parent JA template and have everything work smoothly.

Obviously anything can be done and at the end of the day I would just be merging a ton of code that you guys already helped develop into different template versions and just integrating them into one giant parent template and overall website.

Executing this would require me to really look into the code of every single JA template I wanted to integrate, but for now what are your guys’ thoughts in doing this with the few JA templates that I previously mentioned???

Doable?

Of course!

But I was just wondering how difficult this would be to do 🙂

Thanks!
    -Alex

Adam M Moderator

Hi @alexm1337,

About the matter with JA ACM, please check my reply in another thread or this thread.

Basically, you can create a mixed template as above but remember that integrate too many JS files into the template mean increasing loading time and such customization task is beyond our support scope, you will have to hire a developer to do it for you.

The difficultly of this task depends on which feature / function you want to use in your site, because some of them require minor change in JS / CSS while others would require major change in back-end to handle input parameters.

alexm1337 Friend

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah you’re right definitely doable, but would also prove to be complicated to get everything to work properly.

I was mainly interested in creating a single menu item page for my overall T3 v2.5.1 website that would allow for an instance of the SmashBoard template.

I would like to keep the menu items for the main website separate from the menu items in the page that would just be an instance of JA SmashBoard.

Would it be possible to have a main T3 v2.5.1 website with a separate megamenu and menu items for main website and then a separate menu item list for the single page that would just be an instance of JA SmashBoard?

Similar to some Joomla! extensions such as Kunera and JomSocial these extensions allow web developers to make separate menu items for main Joomla! website as well as Kunera pages and JomSocial pages.

Since JA SmashBoard is not an extension and was designed to be a template for a single website I can already predict that executing this idea of merging two template functions and behaviors into one overall parent website may prove to be complicated.

Has it been done before?

And I agree page load times would be affected and it would add complexity to the overall website, but would it be possible to put all of the necessary JS/CSS files in the correct locations in the template folder and have everything work properly?

So pretty much merge two templates, but have one of them be the main template and the other just a single page within the overall website.

As for input parameters for the instance of JA SmashBoard I could have it pull pages from my existing overall website and or use a tool such as Embed.ly to create content from multiple outside sources.

I have a pretty good idea as to how I would go about doing this, but was just wondering if making a mixed template website is common, rare, or un-herd of.

Thanks for the help!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @alexm1337,

1. You can navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> duplicate current style >>> so you can assign menu A to style 1 and menu B to style 2.

2. About CSS and JS files, the concept is to put them all together but I can tell you it will work perfectly, may be you will get a JS conflict or the code just don’t work as expected. Whenever such problem happen, you will need to debug the code and even if they are barely work, you still have to know which CSS / JS file is redundant and should be removed to speed up the site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum