Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I rebuilt my site with at contrastnews.berroket.com with the JA Nex quickstart. Now I’m in total darkness. one nagging question, there is a custom module called “Module Custom HTML” on the front page that displays articles from a category “West Indian News” How does it know which category to look at. I made it happen by renaming the original category. I will like to understand it for troubleshooting.
    i guess that what I’m asking is how do I customize your template with my content as it involves creating new menu and articles.

TomC Moderator

<em>@anthonyberot 305857 wrote:</em><blockquote>I rebuilt my site with at contrastnews.berroket.com with the JA Nex quickstart. Now I’m in total darkness. one nagging question, there is a custom module called “Module Custom HTML” on the front page that displays articles from a category “West Indian News” How does it know which category to look at. I made it happen by renaming the original category. I will like to understand it for troubleshooting.
    i guess that what I’m asking is how do I customize your template with my content as it involves creating new menu and articles.</blockquote>
    Greetings Anthony:

So that I can try to best assist you, can you please provide the url of the site you’re working on,
    as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings?

It would also be very helpful if you could provide me with temporary site administration access – so that I can look into your site-specific configurations to try to best assist you with your specific needs.

anthonyberot Friend

Site http://www.contrastnews.burroket.com
    username is tomc
    pass is j00mla

TomC Moderator

Anthony:
    So that I can try to understand your question a bit better . . . are you asking how do you add custom content to your template within the Joomla site administration?

anthonyberot Friend

yes, i will like to understand how to add articles so that the layout does not mess up. I tried to add an article on the front page but every thing moved around it was fixed when I deleted the article..

I looked at the documentation but it is not very clear to me, I’m a novice.

I guess that i dont understand how to switch the demo site to own menu and articles.

TomC Moderator

<em>@anthonyberot 305964 wrote:</em><blockquote>yes, i will like to understand how to add articles so that the layout does not mess up. I tried to add an article on the front page but every thing moved around it was fixed when I deleted the article..

I looked at the documentation but it is not very clear to me, I’m a novice.</blockquote>
    Okay, FIRST OF ALL, I want you to read through this piece I wrote: THE THREE Ps – PATIENCE, PRACTICE and PERSEVERANCEbecause most of us have been exactly where you are now at one time. 🙂

Next, here are some initial tutorial resources to guide you with regard to creating article content with in Joomla …

There’s LOTS more where those cam from – most of which, if you click the “YouTube” icon in the lower right corner, you will see listed along the right on YouTube. There’s a wealth of FREE information and instruction waiting for you.

Hope That Helps.

anthonyberot Friend

i will go over these again, I viewed some before but you can never research too much so I appreciate your help so this material will be great for me.
    A huge THANK YOU:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anthonyberot 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum