Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello is it possible to place a custom module between the sliders on the frontpage, see the attachted schreendump. (sulfur)

kind regards matthijs

1. dump
    TomC Moderator

Not only is it possible . . . it’s absolutely doable.

You simply need to create the new position within the index.php and template.xml files –
    and then create the relative CSS styling for it.

formad Friend

Tom thank you for the support, i’m not so good at styling can you give a hint.

kind regards matthijs

TomC Moderator

formad;135632Tom thank you for the support, i’m not so good at styling can you give a hint.

kind regards matthijs

Unfortunately, I am not at a location right now where I can help much …. but what I will say is, the way I learned, to look into the template.css file and examine how things are “styled” there. (“style” is a word for the final layout of the particular element based on the parameters you specify within that particular css rule (or rules).

There are literally dozens upon dozens of FREE resources available to you throughout the internet for learning the basics of CSS design. I’m not trying to put you off, but learning the basics of CSS design is essential for working with Joomla templates and site design.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum