Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

The custom fields I’ve set up for a single product show up on hover on the front page. WTF?

Then, when the user goes to the product details page, the custom fields don’t show up AT ALL. WTF…again?

I’ve seen posts about some comparable issues here, but I thought I’d make a new thread just to reiterate the point. None of the solutions in the other threads work. This is one of many that I tried. That code is still commented out by the way. Just in case you bother checking.

This is where I reverted back to Hawkstore V1.0.0. Same problem. No solution.

CUSTOM FIELDS IN THIS TEMPLATE ARE NOT WORKING AND THE FACT THAT YOU STILL HAVEN’T MANAGED TO FIX THIS ISSUE IS PATHETIC.

We pay for these products and this template is 7 months old. It’s still not working with some of the most elementary functions available in the 3rd party extension that you didn’t even have to touch.

Reputable, competent software companies release new versions of their products once bugs are found and fixed. You seem to be neither.

1. hover
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi julesm,

When I open the frontpage of your site, hover product and it shows custom field: http://prntscr.com/29uy81

In this thread, I suggest another guy to change in CSS file, while as I can see that your site is running with development mode, it means that your site will load LESS file instead. Hence, you can try again with comment that CSS code in less file: /templates/ja_hawkstore/less/vmsite-ltr.less (remember to backup your site first before changing)

Once done, you go to admin > compile LESS to CSS.

Regards

Adam M Moderator

Hi @mbs13,

First, please provide your site url and temporary admin account via private reply so I can have a look at your setting.

P/S: Just reply as normal and check the box Set as private reply below the editor to send over a private reply.

mbs13 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    mbs13 Friend

Sorry, but i dont understand. Which is the solution?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @mbs13,

May I know which product has custom fields? It’s better with some screenshots.

mbs13 Friend

Here you have an image.

In the main page I cant see the custom fields.

I am using two modules:

• Mod virtuemart product
    • JA VM products

Thanks,
    Rodrigo

1. products
    mbs13 Friend

In the code of cart.php (in templates/ja_hawkstore/html/mod_javmproducts) I can see:

// Product custom_fields if (!empty($product->customfieldsCart)) { ?> <div class="product-fields"> <?php foreach ($product->customfieldsCart as $field) { ?>

<div style="display:inline-block;" class="product-field product-field-type-<?php echo $field->field_type ?>">
                <span class="product-fields-title"><b><?php echo $field->custom_title ?></b></span>
                <?php echo JHTML::tooltip ($field->custom_tip, $field->custom_title, 'tooltip.png'); ?>
                <span class="product-field-display"><?php echo $field->display ?></span>
                <span class="product-field-desc"><?php echo $field->custom_field_desc ?></span>
            </div>

<?php } ?>
        </div>
        <?php } ?>

I think, the problem is here:

if (!empty($product->customfieldsCart)) {

I think, it is empty.

Why is it empty?

Saguaros Moderator

You can send me URL and admin account of your site (put that info in your reply and SET AS PRIVATE reply so that only Moderators and Staff can see)

mbs13 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

In the homepage of your site, the product ‘Zero 3 Skull Blood White Complete Skateboard’ is displaying under VirtueMart Products module but when I try to change to default template of Joomla like Protostar or Beez, the custom fields don’t show too. You can make a test again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum