Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Good evening,
    I’m trying to use the custom.css file like I did in many other templates, except I cannot seem to load it at all.
    Already turned off “Development Mode” and “Optimize CSS”
    Already tried to use the ../ja_rent/local/css/custom.css or template.css
    I added a simple background color to make sure the override was working before doing the actual customization.
    Everything is up to date.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

TomC Moderator

So that we can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on.

Also, please specify the modification you’re working on.

itriatechnology Friend

Hello,
    the site I’m currently working on is http://coppoladiseta.it/portal/

The file right now is in /templates/ja_rent/local/css/template.css

And a simple

body {
    background-color: #000000
    }

to test the override

TomC Moderator

The issue is that you’re using a color theme – and custom.css doesn’t generally work well with the color themes.

Try This . . . .

Within file path —> /templates/ja_rent/css/themes/orange/template.css
    at line 4392, modify a follows:

.t3-section {
    background: #000 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    padding-bottom: 72px;
    padding-top: 72px;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Is that along the lines of what you were trying to achieve?

itriatechnology Friend

Thanks for the reply, but what I’m trying to achieve is not just changing the background, but setting up a CSS override file so that I can easily make the next modifications.
    Just like I did in many other Joomlart templates without having any problem with the custom.css file

itriatechnology Friend

Thanks for the reply, but what I’m trying to achieve is not just changing the background, but setting up a CSS override file so that I can easily make the next modifications.
    Just like I did in many other Joomlart templates without having any problem with the custom.css file

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@itriatechnology 486636 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the reply, but what I’m trying to achieve is not just changing the background, but setting up a CSS override file so that I can easily make the next modifications.
    Just like I did in many other Joomlart templates without having any problem with the custom.css file</blockquote>

Hi
    Local Folder /css folders is an override of the template/css folder . So first you need to create custom.css in

/ja_rent/css/custom.css
    and the use override in /ja_rent/local/css/custom.css

Hope it helps

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@itriatechnology 486636 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the reply, but what I’m trying to achieve is not just changing the background, but setting up a CSS override file so that I can easily make the next modifications.
    Just like I did in many other Joomlart templates without having any problem with the custom.css file</blockquote>

Hi
    Local Folder /css folders is an override of the template/css folder . So first you need to create custom.css in

/ja_rent/css/custom.css
    and the use override in /ja_rent/local/css/custom.css

Hope it helps

itriatechnology Friend

Thanks for all the answers, but I still can’t get the override to work;
    I followed the structure, placing the file in the right folders as you told, but no changes seem to happen

itriatechnology Friend

Thanks for all the answers, but I still can’t get the override to work;
    I followed the structure, placing the file in the right folders as you told, but no changes seem to happen

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    There are few thing :
    # custom.css locate . It’s located at : JPATH_THEMES/css/custom.css
    At moment i don’t see that on your site

http://coppoladiseta.it/portal/templates/ja_rent/css/custom.css
    <blockquote>Not Found

The requested URL /portal/templates/ja_rent/css/custom.css was not found on this server.
    coppoladiseta.it</blockquote>
    After work with above custom.css you would check it to make sure it’s loaded. If it’s loaded than it’s mean you are corrected !

# check css code condition / flow.
    I saw lots of users have same issues with css . They are copied css from original and use same for custom.css. It would work if custom.css loaded AFTER original css file. But if custom.css loaded BEFORE original css file than same css code will NOT WORK. Of course.
    At this time you’ll need check css priority. Just increase css priority .

Browser debugger would useful tool in this case.

And of course. Make sure css code in custom.css are all correctly . I saw user submit code into this file but invalid code / file and it’s caused broken all codes.

That’s all . Follow logic step by step than we are king of world 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    There are few thing :
    # custom.css locate . It’s located at : JPATH_THEMES/css/custom.css
    At moment i don’t see that on your site

http://coppoladiseta.it/portal/templates/ja_rent/css/custom.css
    <blockquote>Not Found

The requested URL /portal/templates/ja_rent/css/custom.css was not found on this server.
    coppoladiseta.it</blockquote>
    After work with above custom.css you would check it to make sure it’s loaded. If it’s loaded than it’s mean you are corrected !

# check css code condition / flow.
    I saw lots of users have same issues with css . They are copied css from original and use same for custom.css. It would work if custom.css loaded AFTER original css file. But if custom.css loaded BEFORE original css file than same css code will NOT WORK. Of course.
    At this time you’ll need check css priority. Just increase css priority .

Browser debugger would useful tool in this case.

And of course. Make sure css code in custom.css are all correctly . I saw user submit code into this file but invalid code / file and it’s caused broken all codes.

That’s all . Follow logic step by step than we are king of world 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

TomC Moderator

<em>@jooservices 488121 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    There are few thing . . . . .

Viet Vu</blockquote>

Pretty much the same information that has been provided/recommended previously.

But Thanks Anyway :p

TomC Moderator

<em>@jooservices 488121 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    There are few thing . . . . .

Viet Vu</blockquote>

Pretty much the same information that has been provided/recommended previously.

But Thanks Anyway :p

itriatechnology Friend

Ok, I realized right now I had no problem all along.
    Basically, the custom.css was loading, but it had no effect because apparently the body background-color attributes aren’t actually used in the template.
    I totally forgot about the browser inspector to check if the css was actually loading without having any effect :laugh:

Thanks everyone, have a great day!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum