Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am having a lot of problem creating a css folder for my custom css changes.
    I made a mistake by not doing this from the beginning, and now I am trying to move the changes to a folder of it own, not to be overwritten when I update the site.
    But the entire website crashes when I try to make the site use the new folder custom css folder.

Is there a place where I can read more about how to make this work ?

Thank you.
    Charlotte

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi you can add custom.css file in css folder of your site .
    Path will be like this template/your JA template/css/custom.css .

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@gekkographic 451869 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am having a lot of problem creating a css folder for my custom css changes.
    I made a mistake by not doing this from the beginning, and now I am trying to move the changes to a folder of it own, not to be overwritten when I update the site.
    But the entire website crashes when I try to make the site use the new folder custom css folder.

Is there a place where I can read more about how to make this work ?

Thank you.
    Charlotte</blockquote>

JA Mendozite is based on old JAT3 v2 framework which doesn’t load ‘custom.css file automatically like new T3 framework.

You will need to load this css file via file: templates/ja_mendozite/etc/layouts/default.xml

Find and change

<!--Extra css load for this layout-->
    <stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>

To

<!--Extra css load for this layout-->
    <stylesheets>
    <file>css/custom.css</file>
    </stylesheets>

With path templates/ja_mendozite/css/custom.css file

Once done, remember to clear cache from admin area

saminora Friend

Hi Ninja,

I did what you wrote. I wrote into the default.mxl:
    <stylesheets>
    <file>templates/ja_mendozite/css/custom.css</file>
    </stylesheets>
    and I created a custom.css in the css folde of mendozite template, I also cleared cach but succuss.
    See http://www.hit-tec.de/joomla3/
    (I tried to create space for logo)

saminora Friend

Hi Ninja,

sorry, now it worked: I had to change the path in the default.xml > css/custom.ss instead of templates/ja_mendozite/css/custom.css

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  saminora 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum