Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

… it does not work! :((
    I read this thread > http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/using-cufon-font-options/

THEN :

templateDetails.xml
    before

</params>
    </install>

I put :

<param name="@title" type="japaramhelper" label="CUFON" description="Cufon text replacement" />
    <param name="ja_cufon" type="list" default="1" label="Enable Cufon" description="Chose Yes if you want replace text in headers on your site. It does not support Unicode">
    <option value="0">No</option>
    <option value="1">Yes</option>
    </param>

AND :

at head.php in templates/ja_purity_ii/layouts/blocks I put:

<?php if ($this->getParam('ja_cufon')) : ?>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->templateurl(); ?>/libs/cufon/js/cufon-yui.js"></script>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->templateurl(); ?>/libs/cufon/fonts/MyFont1_400.font.js"></script>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->templateurl(); ?>/libs/cufon/fonts/MyFont2_400.font.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    Cufon.replace(
    '.componentheading, .contentheading, .ja-zintitle a, div.moduletable h3, div.moduletable_menu h3, div.moduletable_text h3, div.moduletable_highlight h3',
    { fontFamily: 'MyFont1' }
    );
    Cufon.replace (
    '.div.h1.componentheading',
    { fontFamily: 'MyFont2' }
    );
    </script>

I have checked thr paths
    … I don’t understand … where is the error?
    Plese help me. Thanks!

P:S: Joomla v.1.5.15 – cufon 1.0.9 – template ja_purity_ii – I tried various fonts with http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/

korb Friend

I know why it does not work, it is a bug I reported to cufon developers. It seems there are some problems with the font generator and CMSs.

You have to create your fonts without these options (uncheck them on font generation)

If allowed, optimized paths may differ from the original by at most units
    Allow path optimization

Include kerning tables (improves readability but slightly increases file size)
    Also, try to make sure your server serves gzipped JavaScript. 70-80% drops in file size are not unheard of.

I hope it helps,
    Danny

minver Friend

Thanks Korb!
    I found the options and I’ve unchecked ….
    but it does’nt work ! I don’t now …

🙂 Thanks

korb Friend

Hi,
    The steps to enable cufon are described pretty well in the post you linked above, I just made sure you generated the font scripts properly.
    You better double check.
    Danny

shuttlemunky Friend

hey there. i have read all the posts and the topic he mentioned.

I can’t even use the fonts in the cufon/fonts folder. Whenever i change the names in head.php can’t make cufon work. Also tried to enable it in params.ini or in template options. All i can use is Bebas font.

i will really apreciate any comment. since i need to use turkish characters.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shuttlemunky 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum