Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

It’s a shame not to use nice cufon fonts just because Aldo is not utf friendly.;) Here’s little bypass with similar font called Neuropol. Unzip the file and place it (overwrite) in ja_nickel/js/cufon folder

1. NeoSans_400.font_.zip
    nguyenhuu quang Friend

Dont understand?
    What do you want?

ShannonN Friend

quang268;122864Dont understand?
    What do you want?

I had no problem understanding him? He is saying the font used in cufon folder in nickel has problems with non utf 8 languages as discussed elsewhere – he offers a similar font that IS compatible with other languages it seems

Cheers ShannonN

jantunes Friend

Actually, I got a set of Aldo working perfectly on my test site (home server, sorry). Downloaded the font from the web, converted it into Cufon and have it working with all portuguese characters. guess it will work with others too. Its a Aldo_600.font but looks nice.

Still, I feel it’s a pity Joomlart sets a template and uses Cufon, setting it as an important part of the design, and the only answer they give up til now is… disable the option. For sure they could do something about it since they came all the way here and implemented it. Even if not working for all of us…

If someone need an explanation on how to get the aldo working, just email me…

have fun

My template is working, I just have a side effect: a line with a likn to the cuffon site that somehow spoils my design. BUt for now I can live with that…

jantunes

laurani Friend

How can i generate my own font? I’ve tried with this link: http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/
    and put the font in the ‘jscufon’ folder and replaced the fonts name in the index file.
    But now the standard font is showing, cufon doesnt seems to be working..

How should i generate my own font?

jantunes Friend

Laurani… I’ve tried with different fonts, some don’t work even if they’re converted, some the system cufon can not convert, other work. I’ve different fonts that work now, even the original one, I got it from the web and got it through cufon and working.

In the index there are two lines to change, one with the name of the font the other with the family. check them they are closed to each other.

You’ll have to try with different fonts, remember. It works… the only thing that happens is that you get a line on top of the page linking to Cufon…

if in doubt tell me, I can wirte each step down for you. but it is not hard. More a trial and error experience.

Please use thank you if you feel this helps…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jantunes 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum