Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

<em>@suli3 125716 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Thanks for NOT ANSWERING AND NOT HELPING</blockquote>
    Well, dear Suli3 . . .

Thanks for NOT READING and NOT LISTENING

suli3 Friend

I have read all thread, but i think you have not understand that i cant CSS. My request was to the team no to you. I say it again if you want help, then please. If not you are only creating traffic, and i think nobody will trafic.

help if you can and want, and leave it if you dont want

TomC Moderator

<em>@suli3 125729 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have read all thread, but i think you have not understand that i cant CSS. </blockquote>
    What do you mean you “can’t CSS ??” Are you saying that you don’t know how to work with CSS and/or are refusing to learn?
    If so, then how do you expect to be able to work with Joomla templates – as the layout is entirely CSS based ??

If you want to change the logo – CSS
    If you want to modify text/colors – CSS
    If you want to add/remove modules – CSS

Do yourself a big favor – LEARN BASIC CSS

There are MANY free resources throughout the web where you can learn the basics of CSS web design. From there, you can learn more by studying the CSS and PHP structure within the template(s) and experimenting from there. ALSO, if you use Firefox 3.0.6 web browser, install the Firebug add-on … as it is an excellent tool for seeing (live) what CSS elements are styling what and how changing them immediately affects your site.

😎

suli3 Friend

I dont know why im discussing with you.
    If you can CSS = congratulation, i know how css works, im able to change colors, and some other things but im not able to create a new design. At the moment i dont have the time to learn it in 3-5 days, i have no time.

anyone other who want ask if i know how css works, or is there one who wants help?

TomC Moderator

<em>@suli3 125732 wrote:</em><blockquote>I dont know why im discussing with you.
    If you can CSS = congratulation, i know how css works, im able to change colors, and some other things but im not able to create a new design. At the moment i dont have the time to learn it in 3-5 days, i have no time.
    </blockquote>
    What happens in 3-5 days? You can’t tell me you have clients who hired you as a Web Designer if you can’t work with even basic CSS. And by the way, no one is saying you have to create a whole new design . . . what we have been trying to get you to understand is that if you are going to work with Joomla templates, you MUST learn how to work with CSS – period.

Unless you specifically contract them to do so, JoomlART is not a custom website design/development club – it is a TEMPLATE club. They provide TEMPLATES – which are FRAMEWORKS from which the user then modifies and customizes to create a website (hopefully somewhat unique and modified from the original template itself). In your case, you have been provided a template (i.e. Ruby) to start with. If YOU want something customized from what the original template is, then it is up to YOU to customize it (i.e. learn how to do it) and/or find / hire someone to do it for you.

In the time you have spent complaining about not getting any help, you could have very well reviewed the template.css file, seen which CSS rules style the body and/or container areas that you want to customize, and then create the needed rounded corner graphics for the modification yourself.

Believe it or not, I’m actually trying to HELP you HELP YOURSELF here.

🙂

mj1256 Friend

<blockquote>JoomlART is not a custom website design/development club – it is a TEMPLATE club. They provide TEMPLATES – which are FRAMEWORKS from which the user then modifies and customizes to create a website</blockquote>

we have actually all have been trying to help. so, they fix this one issue for you, then there will be another and another and another and another and another

building your website is not there job,

you have choices. hired someone, or learn basic skills, and you don’t need to be able to right CSS or PHP, etc, just able to edit the files, and most of the fixes are readily available on the forum, joomla.org and you can do a googe search. thats how you learn, find the fixesand codes on the web and start editing the files and after a bit of time you will be expert.

When i started, i just opened up that template.css and started changing the values and figured it out from there.

but Tom there is another way of looking at these types of threads, they justify the value and price for our website development. skills

suli3 Friend

Ok, than THANKS for your HELP!

And now im asking if anyone who know how it works, and he/she have the time and the will to do this. If you feel not responsible, please leave it to answer of my request or to post any comments.

If you need post for creadits/redeemtion please do it in a other thread. According to many others her i have pay for my membership.

Phill Moderator

A simple fix would be to switch off the rounded buttons in the other browsers, that way the site would look similar in them all.

TomC Moderator

<em>@mj1256 125755 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    When i started, i just opened up that template.css and started changing the values and figured it out from there.
    but Tom there is another way of looking at these types of threads, they justify the value and price for our website development. skills</blockquote>
    If it were me, I would find another JA template with the rounded corners I liked . . . download the files . . . examine/study the CSS and which images are used to generate the rounded corners . . . and then apply that kind of styling to the template I’m working with.

Not only will I eventually achieve the result I want, but I will have learned additional CSS styling skills.

But hey . . . . that’s just me.

😎

Steven Pullen Friend

Hello,

What a terrific template – good job guys! I understand the need to move forward with new technology in an effort to remain at the forefront.

However, is there a solution to make my menu buttons rounded in IE?

Thanks – your assistance is appreciated.

Steve

matjkd Friend

http://kalsey.com/2003/07/rounded_corners_in_css/

here is a tutorial on how to make rounded corners. You can find many more by typing “css rounded corners” in Google.

And although probably a controversial opinion I think we should encourage use of the latest technologies and push for browsers to support them, such as html 5 and css3, otherwise you have a situation like we have with IE6, which is STILL being used.
    Technology needs to move forward, and people need to be educated, more web designers should point blank refuse to support IE6, forcing people to upgrade.
    I agree all sites should look the same (minus font rendering and other things we can’t change) on all current browsers. Old browsers shouldn’t be supported at all, people need to upgrade browsers if not for the latest technology, for security reasons.

eblom Friend

I’ve never read so much crap : ” ..a template is a starting point…
    The rounded corners are the very basics and the reasons that one would buy a template : not having to build this in the first place : That ís the starting point.
    Who needs css3, I just want the rounded corners. I’ll leave this template, and hire someone to make it from the ground up.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  eblom 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum