Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello.

I have tried for several hours now to customized my test page, from the css files which are online – not the one in filezilla but the ones “online”

But the page is simply not responding, it will not update any changes at all. There is more than one “template.css” file and I have tried every one – with no result, when I debug the page the changes are there, just not visible.

Furthermore I can’t locate the HTML files to change sizes and forms of boxes.

I need help as I am on a deadline.

Regards
    Anne

pavit Moderator

Hi Anne

If you want to apply any css modification to the template default style i recommend to use/create a new file in this folder templatesja_social_iicss
    name it custom.css and add all your changes inside it ,
    in this way all your modifications will be not overrided from a future template update. also from your template manager you should set from General Tab the Development mode to Off

pavit Moderator

Hi Anne

If you want to apply any css modification to the template default style i recommend to use/create a new file in this folder templatesja_social_iicss
    name it custom.css and add all your changes inside it ,
    in this way all your modifications will be not overrided from a future template update. also from your template manager you should set from General Tab the Development mode to Off

mainecoonklubben Friend

I will do that! Thank you very much!

Now, what do I do, if I wish to insert a div in the background, behind the content?

Furthermore, can I style the boxes below the content? They do not fulfil my clients wish in design you see.

Regards Anne

mainecoonklubben Friend

I will do that! Thank you very much!

Now, what do I do, if I wish to insert a div in the background, behind the content?

Furthermore, can I style the boxes below the content? They do not fulfil my clients wish in design you see.

Regards Anne

pavit Moderator

Hi Anne

<blockquote>Now, what do I do, if I wish to insert a div in the background, behind the content?

Furthermore, can I style the boxes below the content? They do not fulfil my clients wish in design you see.</blockquote>

Would be better if you can post a screen shot so we can better understand what you mean exactly

pavit Moderator

Hi Anne

<blockquote>Now, what do I do, if I wish to insert a div in the background, behind the content?

Furthermore, can I style the boxes below the content? They do not fulfil my clients wish in design you see.</blockquote>

Would be better if you can post a screen shot so we can better understand what you mean exactly

mainecoonklubben Friend

Now, I know this is not a screenshot but I tried to create in Photoshop the result I wish to end with. As you can see, the flag is overlapping the header and the nav.bar.

I tried using the head-search module position, but the flag got stuck in the header and I could not bring it over the navbar and background.

Regards.

mainecoonklubben Friend

Now, I know this is not a screenshot but I tried to create in Photoshop the result I wish to end with. As you can see, the flag is overlapping the header and the nav.bar.

I tried using the head-search module position, but the flag got stuck in the header and I could not bring it over the navbar and background.

Regards.

pavit Moderator

Hi

If you want to add a background image you can do it with css adding background url to an image at your custom.css file in this folder templatesja_social_iicss

now you have

.t3-mainbody {
    background-image: none !important;

Change it to :

.t3-mainbody {
    background: url("../../../images/mcotest.png);

pavit Moderator

Hi

If you want to add a background image you can do it with css adding background url to an image at your custom.css file in this folder templatesja_social_iicss

now you have

.t3-mainbody {
    background-image: none !important;

Change it to :

.t3-mainbody {
    background: url("../../../images/mcotest.png);

mainecoonklubben Friend

I tried that a couple of days ago and the image showed, however not above the menu and header? Any suggestions to how I “drag” it up there?

– Anne

mainecoonklubben Friend

I tried that a couple of days ago and the image showed, however not above the menu and header? Any suggestions to how I “drag” it up there?

– Anne

pavit Moderator

I haven’t understood correctly then , i thought you only want it into content block

Then do in this way

add this to your custom.css

.t3-mainbody {
    background:none!important;
    }
    .t3-header {
    }
    body {
    background: url("../../../images/mcotest.png");
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

check result on my local version

You should verify other rules for .t3-mainbody and .t3-header in your custom.css since i looked at it before and noted other rules for them, they should have background set to none .

pavit Moderator

I haven’t understood correctly then , i thought you only want it into content block

Then do in this way

add this to your custom.css

.t3-mainbody {
    }
    .t3-header {
    }
    body {
    background: url("../../../images/mcotest.png");
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

check result on my local version

You should verify other rules for .t3-mainbody and .t3-header in your custom.css since i looked at it before and noted other rules for them, they should have background set to none .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mainecoonklubben 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum