Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I have T3 v1.3.1 installed on j2.5.11 using MT 3.0.8, server php: v5.3.22, apache v2.2.23 and mySql v5.1.69-cll
    I am having problems with the CSS when using Moset Tree
    The main content section of the template uses a div with class “row” which has a “margin-left: -40px” setting
    Unfortunately there are nested divs within the content section also with the div class “row” used by Moset Tree (and maybe other third party content providers) and they all have inherited this -40px pushing the content 40px to the left
    See here: http://www.javeaguide.com/index.php/directory
    I cannot find a way to deal with this and get the Moset Tree content displayed correctly
    If I remove the -40px the right sidebar moves to below the main content
    I think you need to rethink this -40px left margin on the row class or better still remove the row class from the main section and use another class to style it
    The template should be able to deal with the integration of these major components straight out of the box it is very important
    The Warp framework deals with this very well out of the box especially the new Warp 7, their divs seem to me more logically laid out, but their “mega menu” if you can call it that really sucks which is why I am trying to use T3
    See here: http://www.alteaguide.com/index.php/directory
    T3 has by far the best Mega Menu implementation and I would like to build my site around this
    Also T3 has a problem with loading the bootstrap customiser aka ThemeMagic it takes for ever to load and throws repeated “unresponsive script” warnings whilst trying to load the java script file: plugins/system/t3/base/js/less-1.3.3.js
    I hope you are able to help me with this
    Best regards
    Ashley

ashleyinspain Friend

OK,
    I have worked out a solution
    After much researching I found there are less “row” classes used in Moset Tree so I eventually found the right file “/components/com_mtree/templates/kinabalu_ashley/page_index.tpl.php” and on line 97 I added another class after the “row” class which I called “mt-row-adjust”
    I then defined it in the Moset Tree css file “/components/com_mtree/templates/kinabalu_ashley/template.css” adding #mt-row-adjust { margin-left: -10px;} at the end of the file
    This has worked really well and I think simpler than trying to change anything in the T3 template or css
    By the way I cloned or duplicated the Moset Tree component template first and altered the the clone which I called “kinabalu-ashley”
    I hope this helps anyone using Moset Tree with T3 and has similar problems finding an answer, probably more useful to other non-experts like me.
    I don’t think this is something T3 can deal with “out of the box” as I first thought and I don’t think Moset Tree can either as other template providers will have different parameters for the class row
    Anyway thank you to T3 for such a great system,
    Best regards
    Ashley

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ashleyinspain 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum