Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I don’t understand how to override css files from some custom “mod_somemodule” module. If original CSS path for this module is “mod_somemodule/assets/css/style.css”, where I should put style.css file in T3 v2.0 custom template?
    If I put “style.css” in “local/themes/mytheme/css” folder – it’s not loaded. If I “wrap it out” with it’s authentic folders and path look like “loca/themes/mytheme/css/mod_somemodule/assets/css/”- it’s not loaded again!? So, based on my paths above, how working path for file “style.css” should look like, so declarations from it can override original ones..?
    Thanks for ingenious code to all JA coders.
    Best regards.

ghostik Friend

Override:
    take all files and directories of your module “mod_mymodule” and bring this to the “…template/html/” directory

deckyfrombgd Friend

I’ve just tried that way, all files and folders are in local/themes/mytheme/html – and nothing. I’ve tried to put entire “mod_mymodule” even in “base-themes/default/html” and still nothing. My declaration isn’t overpowered with original declaration from template.css, it just simply isn’t loaded. I assume that, because In firebug, my new value isn’t “over-written”, my new value don’t exist at all.
    Are you sure this is right and common way for override css for module? I can see there more then 10 overriden modules in original package of “Blank Template” and inside them there are just php files from visual layer of MVC Joomla pattern. There are no other files in such modules, like .css or .js. Just single .php files or in some cases if there are many files, such files are in appropriate folders…
    Thanks for response.

Css Magician Friend

Dear sir,

If you want to override “mod_ja_somemodule” css in your template, please create a mod_ja_somemodule.css file in templates//css/

Harikalar Kutusu Friend

I have a very related but a more complex situation. I currently use JA Events template, but it must be the same for any T3 template.

Currently I use some components/modules such as jEvents calendar. To match the design of the template, I had to copy necessary files (CSS and images) of the com_jevents to /templates/ja_events/html/com_jevents, also some .php files to /templates/ja_events/html/mod_jevents_filter and /templates/ja_events/html/mod_jevents_legent. So far so good.

Now I decided that some part of the website (corporate pages) to be (say) red and the remaining parts to be blue. So the small calendar (module) shown at the buttom of every page must have different colors respectfully.

What should I do? Where should I copy the files? Where will I set which css/image combinations is to be used?

This question is valid for any component/module of course.

Thank you in advance…

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can change color in jevents component here : components/com_jevents/views/ext/assets/css/events_css.css or make new some style css in templates/ja_events/css/template.css.

Harikalar Kutusu Friend

<em>@tamlm 225673 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can change color in jevents component here : components/com_jevents/views/ext/assets/css/events_css.css or make new some style css in templates/ja_events/css/template.css.</blockquote>

Sorry, that was not what I asked. I already know/did that. I rephrased my question on a new topic. Please continue there:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/multiple-template-overrides-for-non-ja-modules-in-t3/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Harikalar Kutusu 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum