Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

After updating Joomla 3.1.1 through 3.2.x to 3.3.0 the site was still working fine (front & backend). Only a “0” appeared suddenly after the ja-search box on the frontend. In order to find the clue, I enabled the debug mode and then the whole site forget the css from Mendozite. Unfortunately switching back to normal mode, clearing all caches including JAT3 cache; nothing seems to work to get back the layout which is customized w/ logo and overlays. What can I do now?

You will probably need another user password combination for get access, pls let me know …

kfloegel Friend

After reinstalling the saved version of database and files locally I could assure that the “0” appears after the search box (when no search button should be wished) right when you upgrade from 3.2.4 to 3.3.0 . The descibed workaround here: http://www.gavick.com/forums/news-joomla30/3-2-1-upgrade-puts-a-0-at-end-of-search-field-31659.html is not really matching. In my case it is line 35 in “mod_search.php” file and commenting it out will result in an error message of jat3 as well. If you replace the 0 to 1 in line 35 you will got of course the search button displayed. But I still want no button to be displayed there.

For the collapsed css styles of the whole frontend I got no clue so far …

kfloegel Friend

After getting no response so far. We decided to change the live site with our backed up version that is still functioning with Joomla 3.3.0 but having the same problems as described above:
    1. Displays a “0” after the search box. Only if you activate the search button option the button will replace the “0”.
    2. After deactivating the debug option of JA Mendozite the css styles collapsed. The frontend is displayed in scrumbled disorder.

So the new functioning frontend (Joomla 3.3.0) is now: http://www.navigator-check.de
    The scrambled css / erroneous frontend (Joomla 3.3.0) is now on: old.www.navigator-check.de

Ninja Lead Moderator

I’m not sure if you have upgraded to the latest t3v2 framework on your site yet. Please upgrade to the latest T3v2 framework version or you can fix this bug with my workaround below:

Open the plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/mod_search/default.php file

Change

if ($button) :
    if ($imagebutton) :
    $button = '<input type="image" value="'.$button_text.'" class="button'.$moduleclass_sfx.'" src="'.$img.'" onclick="this.form.searchword.focus();"/>';
    else :
    $button = '<input type="submit" value="'.$button_text.'" class="button'.$moduleclass_sfx.'" onclick="this.form.searchword.focus();"/>';
    endif;
    endif;

To

if ($button) :
    if ($imagebutton) :
    $button = '<input type="image" value="'.$button_text.'" class="button'.$moduleclass_sfx.'" src="'.$img.'" onclick="this.form.searchword.focus();"/>';
    else :
    $button = '<input type="submit" value="'.$button_text.'" class="button'.$moduleclass_sfx.'" onclick="this.form.searchword.focus();"/>';
    endif;
    else :
    $button = '';
    endif;

Once done, clear cache from admin area

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum