Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m testing the latest version on my local server and in IE6 the whole page gets screwed up.
    What’s new it’s IE >:(

I’m using the CSS menu and am not interested in changing just to solve this issue

Here’s the navigation of what is generated and the bold bit is what IE 6 can’t handle.

<!– BEGIN: MAIN NAVIGATION –>
    <div id=”ja-mainnavwrap”>

<div id=”ja-mainnav” class=”clearfix”>
    <ul id=”ja-cssmenu” class=”clearfix”>

Individual menu items go here

</ul>
    <span class=”ja-menu-right” />
    <span class=”ja-menu-right”> </span>

</div>
    </div>
    <!– END: MAIN NAVIGATION –>

There is no closure for this tag. All the other browsers ignore that tag but not IE
    I thought this came from ja_templatetools.php but no … then tried adding just a closing tag in that file and that didn’t work.

Where is that opening tag coming from?
    How the heck do I fix this?

Sherlock Friend

Can you give us your live URL, any screenshot or more details of the problem will be helpful

yerg Friend

Attached is a screenshot … it’s on a local server before being rolled out on an extranet

The <span class=”ja-menu-right” /> tag does not appear in any other browser (view source) other than IE and the visual error doesn’t appear anywhere else either.

I did a view source for both pages and the only difference was that span.

Figured that ja_templatetools.php was the place to visit and even tried putting a </span> by itself in that file but IE didn’t get it.

The txt file is the IE view (with sensitive and irrelevant content removed)

1. nerine
    1. nerine.txt
    yerg Friend

I resolved the issue by removing ja-menu-right from the css and all references in the IE workaround at the bottom of the ja_templatetools.php

Luckily it doesn’t matter that I don’t want/need images at the end of the menu … if I did this issue hasn’t been resolved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yerg 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum