Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Instead of using the switcher, is there a way to assign colors to different sections or menu itemids? I need to color-code the site by section. I see there are different css files for color schemes (eg. blue.css), so I assume you could make them for other colors. Then there must be a way to select the file- maybe that can be tied to a section, category, or itemid?

If this isn’t a default option (which I don’t think it is) would it be a challenging hack?

rinogranito Friend

Anyone get answers to your questions ???

Or is there a stealth support forum somewhere ??

mixx Friend

very slooooow. sometimes never. there aren’t even enough moderators to go around.

mixx

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi,

You can only change the Color Schemes via the site tools. JA Pollux does not have feature that allow you to switch different color for menu items.

However, you can easily do that! Just duplicate the template to 3 or 4 templates, and then set different default color for each template. Therefore you have up to 4 templates with different color schemes. Finally, just assign the suitable template to the menu item via Joomla! Administrator! 🙂

If you need further help on this task, please feel free to ask me again!

phleum Friend

Thankd for your input,

I figured that would be the way to go about it- Just wondering if there was a way to tie it to Itemids or something more elegant like that.

The way you mentioned isn’t that cumbersome, however- there are only 6 sections.

That said, to be unique, I’d need more than the default color selections. Is there a tutorial on customizing colors. I realize it will mean reworking teh source images and whatnot. Can you list what things would need to be changed- I can probably find the obvious ones- but there’s always some persnickety file or line of code hiding somewhere, it always seems.

Any insight is welcome!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  phleum 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum