Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

JoomlArt Creativity and Thinking is Excellent. But the developers forget the Web Standards.
    The official JoomlArt site is NOT VALID XHTML : Failed validation, 65 Errors

Ok. Ignore the XHTML issue. What about CSS !

The result is: Errors (17), Warnings (121)
    Click Here to Check Yourself

This is not the case for JoomlArt main site, The same applies to All JoomlArt Themes !

Hey JoomlArt Developers ! Are you hearing ?

S,
    VeohTV Inc.

ndmiharu Friend
    Hung Dinh Friend

Hi VeohTV,
    JoomlArt site is not validated at the moment because we do not have enought time to update the mainsite but all of our templates are validated

JA Fedora
    JA Edinite
    JA Dravity

You can go to http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ OR http://validator.w3.org/ and paste any demo URL of JA Demo site (without IFrame) to check CSS and HTML validation

Hung Dinh Friend

The thread is moved to Presale.

veohtv Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 47717 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi VeohTV,
    JoomlArt site is not validated at the moment because we do not have enought time to update the mainsite but all of our templates are validated

JA Fedora
    JA Edinite
    JA Dravity

You can go to http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ OR http://validator.w3.org/ and paste any demo URL of JA Demo site (without IFrame) to check CSS and HTML validation</blockquote>

Okay. Ignore the mainsite issue. What about templates CSS validation ? Warnings (487) ! When we check the new Fedora template here, No Errors Found. But 611 warnings.

mfcphil Friend

These test amaze me…whats the point to them?

Are we saying they affect your page rank or possible google placing??

Here is googles search page http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Fwebhp%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26ie%3DUTF-8&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

You will find it has about 62 errors.

bigrk Friend

W3C Standards are just what they are. I’m not trying to take a side here but I always try to make sure my home page at least validates. Check it out http://www.oregonsgolf.com. But as soon as you try to include video on a page it rarely validates and is a major headache to recode so it will validate. So, on the days I have videos on my home page it also will not validate. But all templates should validate initially even with the quickstart files and I have yet to try a template that did not validate. I think JA does a darn good job in this area.

mfcphil Friend

So should we worry about Warnings Randy?

bigrk Friend

It looks like the templates validate just fine. The warnings I would imagine are from copying and pasting the CSS from other templates. Personally I would be concerned that if they continue to do this that eventually the CSS for the areas described will break down and possibly it might already be occurring when trying to use some of the typography that is described in some of the warnings. I also suspect that JA already knows about these errors as there are no XHTML or CSS icons for validating at the bottom of the templates being discussed in this thread. Before moving to Joomla 1.5 all templates included the icons. So it could be just a matter of having to redo the CSS completely to make all the Typography stuff jive with the new version of Joomla properly. But to know for sure you would need to follow every link in the errors to see what W3C suggests. I would be more concerned with the menu errors that are being generated. But man I had no idea there were so many.

I just went and checked the Pariiti template that I am using to create a wedding site for my daughter and it has all the same CSS errors. So I would think that all the templates for Joomla 1.5 are probably generating the same errors. This should be looked at by the developers and fixed pronto! The more I look the more I am worrying now because many of the errors that are CSS related in the template forums could all be related to the CSS warnings on the W3C site. I’d better stop here and investigate this further when I have more time.

veohtv Friend

<em>@bigrk 47799 wrote:</em><blockquote>It looks like the templates validate just fine. The warnings I would imagine are from copying and pasting the CSS from other templates. Personally I would be concerned that if they continue to do this that eventually the CSS for the areas described will break down and possibly it might already be occurring when trying to use some of the typography that is described in some of the warnings. I also suspect that JA already knows about these errors as there are no XHTML or CSS icons for validating at the bottom of the templates being discussed in this thread. Before moving to Joomla 1.5 all templates included the icons. So it could be just a matter of having to redo the CSS completely to make all the Typography stuff jive with the new version of Joomla properly. But to know for sure you would need to follow every link in the errors to see what W3C suggests. I would be more concerned with the menu errors that are being generated. But man I had no idea there were so many.

I just went and checked the Pariiti template that I am using to create a wedding site for my daughter and it has all the same CSS errors. So I would think that all the templates for Joomla 1.5 are probably generating the same errors. This should be looked at by the developers and fixed pronto! The more I look the more I am worrying now because many of the errors that are CSS related in the template forums could all be related to the CSS warnings on the W3C site. I’d better stop here and investigate this further when I have more time.</blockquote>

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”]100% Correct[/FONT]

bigrk Friend

Well I did a little more digging around and it seems that all Joomla 1.5 templates from a number of different template clubs do the same thing under CSS validation. I have never seen anything like this before but I have decided it really is nothing to worry about and will move on. My last post is essentially a lot about nothing and actually I would have deleted it but there is already a response to it so it will stay. 🙂

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@mfcphil 47791 wrote:</em><blockquote>So should we worry about Warnings Randy?</blockquote>
    Let’s look at the following typical warning
    <blockquote>You have no background-color set (or background-color is set to transparent) but you have set a color. Make sure that cascading of colors keeps the text reasonably legible.</blockquote>

The warning is used to remind developer that it can be a mistake or a potential error but in fact it is not. So we DO NOT have to worry about warning. And in the case of JA Template it is tottaly a mistake if you code more css codes (color: #CCCCC;) to keep away from warning. As in the example if you go ahead and set a color for the elements while it is inherited from it’s parent element. Well, you won’t need that extra css line

mfcphil Friend

Menalto Thanks for making that a little clearer…although to be honest I am still none the wiser 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum