Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am having a lot of difficulty getting Mono to display nicely on anything other than Chrome.

With Firefox, I could not make the layout work on using JA Masshead but got round this by using different CTA modules instead.

However, MS Edge does not handle colour merge at all; Safari does not handle colour merge AND breaks the layout on both the CTA module and in blogs. I have seen some js code to replicate the multiply() function and am working on that locally but have limited js experience and no idea how to tackle the Safari issue.

Please see http://www.thepeakconsultancy.co.uk. I have saved one blog article "Should I use Agile or Waterfall" with no article image at all and it still does not display correctly on Safari.

I am using Windows 10 with IE 11.420; Edge (latest version downloaded by IE10; cannot work out version number!); Firefox 47.0 and Safari 5.1.7.

Server details:
    Database Version: 5.6.30
    Database Collation: latin1_swedish_ci
    Database Connection Collation: utf8mb4_general_ci
    PHP Version: 5.6.22
    Web Server: Apache
    WebServer to PHP Interface: litespeed
    Joomla! Version: Joomla! 3.5.1 Stable [ Unicorn ] 05-April-2016 22:45 GMT
    Joomla! Platform Version: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
    Mono version: 1.0.3

Other than extensions included with JA Mono, the site is also using Akeeba backup and "Favicon" plugin

Any help greatly appreciated!

James.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi James,

There is a known issue with the MS Edge browser as it doesn’t support multiply function as you mentioned above. But it should work fine in Safari, Chrome & Firefox. I test with several PCs but it works properly.

Could you attach screenshots highlighting the issue?

thepeakconsultancy Friend

Thank you for the response…

Regarding Edge, is there a known workaround you recommend? IE11 does something that looks acceptable but does not fully blend the screen – the same would be OK in Edge if available.

Firefox for reasons I do not understand is now working absolutely fine – not sure where the error was there but it looks like PICNIC.

I have attached Chrome, IE11 and Safari images of the homepage. I have also attached a copy of the blog page I mention as shown in Safari to illustrate the layout issues.

James.

1. Home-Chrome
    2. Home-IE11
    3. Home-Safari
    4. Blog-Safari

The Safari issue is also present on the Mono demo, btw…

1. Mono-Demo-Safari

OK, the IE11 fix using the CSS below works well enough (not great but can live with it).

I have also managed top get hold of an Apple computer and test it on there – it appears the Safari issue is limited to the Windows 10 (possibly older Windows, too) versions but the Safari-on-Windows user-base is low enough for me not to worry about it too much.

Guess you can call this closed.

Many thanks,

James.

EDGE FIX (copied to templatesja_monocsscustom.css):

@supports (-ms-accelerator:true) {
    .jamasthead {
    position: relative;
    }

.jamasthead:before {
    background: @brand-primary;
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    top: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    .opacity(0.9);
    }
    }

Saguaros Moderator

I tested in Safari in a Mac so didn’t see the issue.

But I don’t think there are much people using Safari on Windows

Rene Friend

Hello, I have also the same problem. After all updates the templates not working correctly on Edge Browser with Windows10. Edge is an important browser, someone has an idea, a correction for this Problem? You can see well the errror in the demo of joomlart.com. Mouseover maybe not working at the pictures and also .acm-cta overlay Color nothing working.

Is there a fix?

Thanks Rene

1. ja_mono_edge_error
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi @pctechnikch,

Did you experience the same issue with our demo site? http://ja-mono.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/

You can also update your site’s URL and login info here ( in private reply) so I will have a look.

Rene Friend

Yes and thanks for your reply. You can see in URL from my uploaded Image is your URL from your Demo Site. otherwise I would have not complained. Your Page have the Error, lol. I have looked in 3 Edge Browser with win10, the same error on all maschines. The same Error with IE 11, however, it shows the problem differently, it’ s a color Problem.

For my, the Error is noth a error, you can read this one:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/catalog/ Search blend mode, the blend mode is noth supportet in ie11 and in Edge Browser, this is a official Problem and this one is on the waitinglist from microsoft, alsso not a error. I can noth wait, i want a other solution.

With blend-mode-mixed, we can noth solved the Problem, new i have experimented with…

.acm-cta:hover:before{ content: ‘ ‘; position: absolute; left: 0; right: 0; top: 0; bottom: 0; background-color: rgba(240,15,0,.1); } .article-img:hover:after{ content: ‘ ‘; position: absolute; left: 0; right: 0; top: 0; bottom: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,.5); }

tats not a solution is a direction. I hope that the professionals solve the problem. La_Mono is definite not cross browser capabilities.

Fact is: background-blend mode: multiply; it’ s the Problem, this is not compatible with all newer version from IE ‘s and in Edge Browser you can find in Compare List in the Web. But Safari is not compatible with this CSS class blend-mode in mixed mode to. You google and you find many Article and no one have a solution. It is necessary to solve with Pseudo Classes, i search and test.

Many Thanks and I hope you can help and have ideas. Rene

1. ja_mono_ie11_error
    Saguaros Moderator

Could you try with this link: http://ja-mono.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/ and send me screenshot?

Agree that its known issue of compatibility of blend mode with IE / Edge browser

Rene Friend

I’ve already sent here again ….the Screenshot for IE11 is also before

1. ja_mono_edge_error2
    Rene Friend

I want to ask if working on a solution? So the template is not usable.

Thanks for an answer and possibly a solution.

Rene

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Rene,

You can send us the Admin & FTP account of your site so I can have a look.

Rene Friend

You have the same Problem on your Demo Site. For wath you want my ftp? Please fix your Demo. Thanks Rene

Saguaros Moderator

Let me check with other PCs as I can’t see issue with mine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum