Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Want to check cross browser compatibility? Don’t want just a screenshot?

http://www.xenocode.com/browsers/

It allows you to use any web browser, safari, opera, IE6, etc on your computer without installing it. Just install the plugin, click on the browser you want to use, give it a minute to open, and your all set. Safari is particularly impressive.

*If you use any of the IE ones and your MSOffice configuration opens just cancel it.

bennitos Friend

Yes these are great, been using them for a couple months now. Saves me quite some time from making them myself in thinstall.

They are well build and run quite fast, their complete program is quite good aswell.

I would not recommend doing performance testing trought these, have tested some ajax applications but there was quite a differense compared with the real installed browser, but compatibility works as a charm 🙂

only thing i dont like about the xenocode is that once you used it you will always have a xenocode running process on your pc untill you uninstall the software 🙁

scotty Friend

<em>@bennitos 137773 wrote:</em><blockquote>only thing i dont like about the xenocode is that once you used it you will always have a xenocode running process on your pc untill you uninstall the software :(</blockquote>

It’s tiny though.

Do you use the full program? I see it’s CPC, is it expensive? Not that I have any need for it :p

bennitos Friend

Dont know the price for it really. I tested it a bit as we use virtual applications at work to create applications that are operatingsystem/hardware undependant.

But ended up with VMware’s thinstaller, im quite vmware minded so not sure if i have a fair judgement 😉

wiery Friend

Looks pretty cool! I’ve been using this service for a little while. http://www.crossbrowsertesting.com/ . They offer a free service if you don’t mind waiting a bit but only give you five minutes of testing time. Not bad for free if you need to do just a quick check. If you need longer you can buy credits or pay monthly.

ajparker Friend

This tool looks very good – you’re limited to 5 minutes per session, but that should be enough to get an idea if a layout is broken for one browser. Good find!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ajparker 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum