Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to crop images on from page and categories to make them same height, all. see attached screen.
    it shows proper and Wrong cropping/resizing.

In fact I don’t want to resize image by changing dimensions. I want to resize image within its frame in order to show the same height.

Hope image attached explains what I mean.

1. crop
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In this case I suggest you to use the same size of images . The images use 100% width in the template to make it responsive and take the size of the container . If the images are different sizes they are not use the same aspect ratio of resize .

zviadi Friend

We have resized images on foot page as requested. And while resizing they keep their (resized) aspect ratio.
    For example: if original size is 800×500. It is shown in featured block as 200×200. and when you resize your browser, images keeps ratio 200×200. or 300×300.

I just asked if you have another option to make this easier.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In responsive view it auto resize with 100% width , with respect to container size . so it can fit in the container and make the template responsive .
    Yiu can check the demo site images and use the same size to get better view .

stazzy Friend

Hi Pankaj are you trying to say that it cant be set do use i default size even if images are not the same size.? Cos am having same issue and its not nice. Thanks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi in responsive views images are using 100% width and they will resize with respect to container size . so if images have different width height re-size also different .

stazzy Friend

Responsive is ok. but on wide view its not nice. view image. Thanks

1. img
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I as i suggested above use same size of images so you will get better view .

Regards

stazzy Friend

i have thousands of articles are u expecting me now to download all my images and resize them to a particular size?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    i am afraid that in responsive site its normal behaviour and work in this way . You may add same size images in latest article so new articles will not affected .
    Or you can add a static image size but in that case images are stretched due to static size and show same size .
    I hope you understand it .
    If u want static size u can post site url and i will suggestion how to do it via css .

stazzy Friend
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly check the site url , its giving Page not found error : http://prntscr.com/axf2ut

stazzy Friend
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You can set a min and max height for article images by adding below code in custom.css file

.article-intro img, .article-content img, .item-image img {
     min-height: auto;
    max-height: auto;

}

replace auto with our values (200px)

stazzy Friend

will these settings affect the featured image cos i tried on local host and the big featured image reduced too. Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum