Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

First off I would like to thank the people at JA for all their hard work and effort with the creation of the T3 framework. I love it.

I am slightly confused with how the template priority structure works. I would like to modify the standard template that comes with the T3 framework but am not sure where I should make the changes. Obviously, when I upgrade, I don’t want to overwrite any changes I have made.

Am I right in thinking it will be in the template/ja_t3_blank folder?

Thanks,
    Leigh

splico123 Friend

Yes, thats tge right place to start and mostly you will work with the css folder to change look and feel of it. For additional changes to structure best to find the html ones in the blank folder and its not that hard to do if you have some basic PHP and HTML knowledge.
    Plus check out the wiki here which has tons of material and examples about the framework.

Regards

laweffect Friend

Excellent.

Just one final question. Is it ok to edit the files within the core folder (templates/ja_t3_blank/core/) without the fear of an update over-writing the changes I make?

Thanks,
    Leigh

korb Friend

<em>@splico123 216341 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, thats tge right place to start and mostly you will work with the css folder to change look and feel of it. For additional changes to structure best to find the html ones in the blank folder and its not that hard to do if you have some basic PHP and HTML knowledge.
    Plus check out the wiki here which has tons of material and examples about the framework.

Regards</blockquote>

Links in my signature.

<em>@laweffect 216412 wrote:</em><blockquote>Excellent.

Just one final question. Is it ok to edit the files within the core folder (templates/ja_t3_blank/core/) without the fear of an update over-writing the changes I make?

Thanks,
    Leigh</blockquote>
    You can still use your own theme in the local folder, without having to change anything in the core.

Regards,
    Danny

splico123 Friend

Yes and one suggestion. If you want best effect and simplest upgrade error free then just in backend in template settings make copy of default or any color scheme templates and work on those in custom files they create.

I think that would be your best bet and safest way to play around.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  splico123 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum