Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is there a trip to creating an inner page? For example, under the introducing section I would like to send users to a page dedicated to each box or service. On the default install w quickstart the leftmost box has “Web & UI Design”. How can you create a subpage or inner page for that? Do you need to use another template? Or is there a way to configure the JA Onepage template in 3.x to have a base page without all the extra homepage modules / sections.

I tried to create a page off of the main menu that pointed to an article, but the article would not show when assigned to the onepage template. If I changed the menu assigned in the menu settings the article would show, but I want to use the base JA Onepage template styles.

Thanks,

RJ

1. innerTest
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi RJ,

The ‘Web & UI Design’ part belongs to a custom HTML module name ‘Introducing’. Correct me if I’m wrong, do you want to display that article in home page when clicking that ‘Yep’ menu item, right?

If so, you need to create a module to display that article and assign this module to onepage position. You can checkout our userguide for this template for more info: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-one-page-template-userguide/

sundriesdev Friend

Thanks Saguaros. I was able to create a module and edit other modules settings to just show the new module I created to be displayed when clicking the link from menu. From the previous screenshot, I changed the “Yep” menu item name to “Software Development” and moved it under Introducing menu item.

New Question 🙂
    When a user selects the sub, inner page, Software Development, if they click on the Logo in the top-left it does not take them to the Homepage as expected, instead it keeps the users at the same page.

Is this to be expected? I think I have ran into this type of problem before but not sure. Do you have reason why and/or a way to make the Logo send to the Homepage regardless of what page (inner or from homepage) the user is located?

Thanks,

RJ:confused:

1. logoHomePageQuestion
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi RJ,

You can open file: templatesja_onepagetplsblocksheader.php and look for this code:

<a href="<?php echo JURI::base(true) ?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($sitename) ?>"<?php echo $logoimage ?>>

You can change <?php echo JURI::base(true) ?> to http://yourpreferedlink.com/path

sundriesdev Friend

Have tried the suggested fix, but will do and will let you know if that fixed my issue! Thanks so much for the details and knowledge!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sundriesdev 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum