Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am trying to create a new module called “Dancer Comments” on my site and I want to create it inside a nice little module box similar to the main menu module or the “Upcoming Gigs” module I have already there. When I go to create a new module it only gets put on the site as simple text and not inside a module box.

🙂 Thanks,

-geejmauriva

Sherlock Friend

Hi geejmauriva !
    – You login to adminstrator
    – Go to module manager >> select Dancer Comments module
    – On right panel you can see module class suffix text box, Clear value of it . ( Now , value of it is “-left” )

good luck !

geejmauriva Friend

Thanks for replying so quickly!! Okay, I tried that and it did not work. All you see is just the “Dancer Comments” text on the web page. Not a module “box”.
    Just to reiterarte: I login to Administartor, go to “Modules” > “Site Modules”, click on “Dancer Comments”, in the “Module Class Suffix” text box I enter “-left” (no quotes). Then click “Save” at the top.
    Those are my steps and it did not work. What about all the other options on that page? Module Cache, Mambots, etc., etc? Anything in the Custom Output?

Sherlock Friend

Hi geejmauriva!
    You must clear value in Module Class Suffix text box don’t enter “-left” in it ! You can send super admin account via pm , i will check it for you !

geejmauriva Friend

Okay okay, so so sorry, I misunderstood your original message! Clear the value!! Yes yes I did that and it worked great!! Thank you immensely for your quick responses, I am back up and running again.

One more question (as long as we’re discussing modules;)) : The instructions for Altair re: Module Class Suffix are as follows:
    You can set a “Modules Class Suffix” for a specific module by following these simple steps:

* Step 1: Go to your Joomla Admin Center (Joomla! Administrator)
    * Step 2: Modules -> Site Modules
    * Step 3: Click on the module name you want to set a suffix (Eg. Template Chooser)
    * Step 4: Find the “Module Class Suffix” field and enter the Suffix you want.
    * Step 5: Don’t forget to click Save 🙂

They say: “enter the suffix you want” but I could not find any listing in the documentation about what the available suffix’s are what they do. Where can I find a list of available suffix’s for this template.

Thanks!!:D

geejmauriva

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  geejmauriva 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum