Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Using T3 2.0 on Joomla 1.6, I would like to have a front page (or home page) that is composed of only the spotlight blocks. However, it seems no matter what I try, I am forced to have some sort of article or article list as part of the default/home page.

I’ve tried editting default.php in the plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/page folder to add

<?php if( !$this->isFrontPage() ) : ?>
    <!-- MAIN CONTAINER -->
    <div id="ja-container"

around the container div on the front page, but it doesn’t appear to have any effect.

Anyone have any ideas for hiding the container div?

khoand Friend

You create new templatesyour templatecoreetcprofileshome.ini file with content

hide_content_block=1

pallavi_t Friend

Hi,
    Following steps will help you to hide container div:
    1.Go to joomla backend/Extensions menu/Template Manager/your Template
    2.Select profiles tab,create new profile.
    3.Select your new profile,check the checkbox at the right side of the ‘Hide main content block’ then select ‘yes’ from its combobox
    6.select Global tab
    7.In ‘Profile Override Setting’,select all home menu items and click on select link
    8.note that for all pages your default profile is selected and for home page new profile is selected
    9.Apply the changes and ckeck on the front page

mfi_michael Friend

Perfect. Nice and simple.

Thanks guys! 🙂

mfi_michael Friend

On second look, I should have deleted the old theme sooner… Now that I only have the profile with ‘Hide Main content block’ selected, the ja-container div is back. This is the div that I need to be hidden, as otherwise I get a border line visible between my two spotlight contents.

Is this the div being targeted by that particular global setting? Or is it possible something is overriding it?

mfi_michael Friend

Yeah, after closer examination, it looks like the option from Global Settings only targets this div:
    <div id=”ja-current-content” class=”column” style=”width:100%”> </div>

That leaves the css styling from ja-container and ja-main behind, which is why I see the spacing and border lines.
    So I suppose the best solution for me, still, is using a separate theme that hides ja-container completely?

amita Friend

Hi
    It’s best to use two different profiles for showing ja-container in some pages & hiding it on remaining pages.

davidyv Friend

<em>@mfi_michael 243581 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yeah, after closer examination, it looks like the option from Global Settings only targets this div:
    <div id=”ja-current-content” class=”column” style=”width:100%”> </div>

That leaves the css styling from ja-container and ja-main behind, which is why I see the spacing and border lines.
    So I suppose the best solution for me, still, is using a separate theme that hides ja-container completely?</blockquote>

The best solution is let the isFrontPage function back to life:

open /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/template.php, find the following code:

[PHP] function isFrontPage(){
    return (JRequest::getCmd( ‘option’ ) == ‘com_content’ && JRequest::getCmd( ‘view’ ) == ‘frontpage’) ;
    }[/PHP]

replace use:
    [PHP]
    function isFrontPage(){
    $menu = JSite::getMenu();
    if ($menu->getActive() == $menu->getDefault()) {
    return true;
    }
    return false;
    }[/PHP]

Then you can use the isFrontPage function to hide any code.:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  davidyv 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum