Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi

Bots are really causing a problem through registering via the create an account button I can’t upload the image as the attach file on this won’t allow it from my computer only a website.

If an individual goes through the login button to create an account it takes them to com_user&view=register which is fine because I have a captcha plugin to take care of that but if they use the create an account button it goes to com_user&task=register and I can’t get captcha to show on this form – can anyone tell what code I need to add/change and where?

Version 1.5

Thanks

Phill Moderator

It depends on what captcha system you are using. Some plugins will allow a simple code addition in the form code but others require a lot more work.

As an example, I use osol captcha on one of my sites as you can see here – http://www.windsurf.me.uk

This plugin is available from the JED – http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-security/captcha/11521

I then opened template>ja_community_plus>html>mod_jalogin>default.php and around line 140 found the code

<?php echo "Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required."; ?>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <div class="button-round"><span><button class="button validate" type="submit"><?php echo JText::_('Register'); ?></button></span></div>
    <input type="hidden" name="task" value="register_save" />
    <input type="hidden" name="id" value="0" />
    <input type="hidden" name="gid" value="0" />
    <?php echo JHTML::_( 'form.token' ); ?>

Above it I added the following code

<?php
    global $mainframe;
    //set the argument below to true if you need to show vertically( 3 cells one below the other)
    $mainframe->triggerEvent('onShowOSOLCaptcha', array(true));
    ?>

so it looks like this.

<td>
    <input class="inputbox required validate-passverify" type="password" id="password2" name="password2" size="40" value="" /> *
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    <?php
    global $mainframe;
    //set the argument below to true if you need to show vertically( 3 cells one below the other)
    $mainframe->triggerEvent('onShowOSOLCaptcha', array(true));
    ?>
    <?php echo "Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required."; ?>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <div class="button-round"><span><button class="button validate" type="submit"><?php echo JText::_('Register'); ?></button></span></div>
    <input type="hidden" name="task" value="register_save" />
    <input type="hidden" name="id" value="0" />
    <input type="hidden" name="gid" value="0" />
    <?php echo JHTML::_( 'form.token' ); ?>
    </form>

Simple as that really. You can add the bit of code to most login forms to add the captcha to them too. Out of the box the plugin will add captcha to all the default Joomla forms you select in the plugins parameters but forms such as Ja_Login are overrides so need the code added. I choose not to include the captcha on the login form, just on registration and contact pages. I also have added it to a custom form I have made with anonther third party component, chronoforms.

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Thanks Phil

This looks like exactly the info I need.

PS I should have gone to the basic uploader for the pic attachment :-[

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Not solved yet!

I haven’t managed to do this yet even with OSOLCaptcha and using your instructions :(( (I also tried with Joo Recaptcha and Captcha – I’ve disabled all login modules until I have more time.

Phill Moderator

Please PM me an admin logon and ftp details (ftp account, username and password) and I’ll do it for you. Please include a link to this thread in your PM.

Which forms do you want it on? Login and Create and Account?

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Thanks Phil I PMd you earlier but it’s okay now so not to worry – I misread your initial post and wasn’t editing the right file! I think I need more sleep! :-[

Thanks very much for your help.

ps5t0ck5 Friend

<em>@ps5t0ck5 227587 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Phil I PMd you earlier but it’s okay now so not to worry – I misread your initial post and wasn’t editing the right file! I think I need more sleep! :-[

Thanks very much for your help.</blockquote>

Quick update – even using the captcha didn’t stop the bots from registering – I had to enable botscout

Phill Moderator

It is not always bots these days. There are now huge rooms full of underpaid souls in sweatshops being paid pennies to register their employers garbage on sites.

luciffere Friend

I made exact description from this post on ja community plus (j 1.7) on localhost with osolCaptcha for J1.6 but i see a error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function triggerEvent() on a non-object in C:wampwwwprostemcelltemplatesja_community_plushtmlmod_jalogindefault.php on line 182
    Call Stack
    # Time Memory Function Location
    1 0.0013 391144 {main}( ) ..index.php:0
    2 0.5394 13962848 JSite->render( ) ..index.php:49
    3 0.5398 13963344 JDocumentHTML->parse( ) ..application.php:249
    4 0.5398 13963344 JDocumentHTML->_fetchTemplate( ) ..html.php:378
    5 0.5403 13963728 JDocumentHTML->_loadTemplate( ) ..html.php:547
    6 0.5410 14009048 require( 'C:wampwwwprostemcelltemplatesja_community_plusindex.php' ) ..html.php:488
    7 0.5410 14009392 T3Template->render( ) ..index.php:15
    8 1.1850 16064992 T3Template->getBuffer( ) ..template.php:499
    9 1.1850 16064992 JDocumentHTML->getBuffer( ) ..template.php:976
    10 1.1851 16065368 JDocumentRendererModules->render( ) ..html.php:339
    11 1.1851 16065960 JDocumentRendererModule->render( ) ..modules.php:37
    12 1.1853 16067240 JModuleHelper::renderModule( ) ..module.php:101
    13 1.1892 16128376 require( 'C:wampwwwprostemcellmodulesmod_jaloginmod_jalogin.php' ) ..modulehelper.php:188
    14 1.1941 16201288 require( 'C:wampwwwprostemcelltemplatesja_community_plushtmlmod_jalogindefault.php' ) ..mod_jalogin.php:33

How can i implement the recaptcha from Joo Recaptcha on jalogin module?

Phill Moderator

It has all changed a bit with J1.7. Not even sure if the osol captcha works with J1.7 but I have not tested.

Can you supply a link to the captcha plugin that you want to use with the JA Login module so I can investigate how to implement it?

luciffere Friend

I want use this: http://joomla.stefysoft.com/jootools-extensions/jootools-plugins/9-joo-recaptcha-plugin.html
    Work in all J 1.7 core forms (login, register, contact) but i want to put in jalogin

Thank you.

Phill Moderator

I’ve take a quick look through the docs on that other site and I am not sure that plugin will work with the JA Login. It would take a bit of investigation into their plugin and how it works to be able to know whether it is possible to integrate it in the JA Login.

Ask the question on their forums and show them the sode posted above and maybe they can tell you if it is even possible. Their code appears to detect the submit button and insert the captcha above it but only if the submit button is generated by a single line of code.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum