Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I recently reinstalled the JA Teline IV template on my http://www.national-coalition.net website. All of a sudden I get this dropdwon panel, from top center of the main page about Internet Explorer. (see image attached). I am on a Mac using both Safari and Firefox 9, and should not be seeing that message at all.

Can someone explain how to get rid of that nonsense please?

:confused: Walt.

1. unwanted-dropdownpanel
    Manos Moderator

Hi,

Do you have joomla cache plugin enabled ? if so please disable the joomla cache plugin and try again.

Regards

n6rej Friend

<em>@pascm 294444 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Do you have joomla cache plugin enabled ? if so please disable the joomla cache plugin and try again.

Regards</blockquote>

walt your going to have to hold my hand on this if it’s mac specific , cause I’ve got a pretty decent harem of browsers and I could not replicate it.
    Chrome – 16.0.912.75 m
    Opera – Version 11.60
    Build 1185
    Platform Win32
    System Windows 7

IE9 – 9.0.8112.16421
    FF – 9.0.1
    Safari – 5.1.2 (7534.52.7)

<?php if ($this->isIE6()) : ?>
    <?php $this->showBlock('ie6/ie6warning') ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

is the section responsible for this. IN C:wampwwwwork-teline17pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultpagedefault.php starting around line 264. Examining that block I do c it needs updating ( Download Internet Explorer 8 NOW! ) 😉 but so far it looks legit.
    Now the actual file DOING the determination is C:wampwwwwork-teline17pluginssystemjat3jat3corelibsBrowser.php . I’m not sure why we need a library function to due it other then J!’s but then you’d know that better then me. Remming that out will certainly solve it but………..

coalition Friend

Well, I’ll be dipped!

It seems to have gone away, but only after I manually deleted all the cache and t3-assets files via my cPanel file manager. The t3-assets folder had 163 files and two folders in it. That’s absolutely insane! 😉 Just to let you know, I also experienced that crazy drop-down thingy on my Toshiba laptop as well. Win7 (64bit) Firefox, Chrome, Safari for windows, Opera, etc… it appeared for all. JA should just remove that stuff, in my opinion, but oh well.

Thanks for the help.

Walt.

adsoma Friend

<em>@pascm 294444 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Regards</blockquote>

I had this problem and I used the option “clear cache” and was “fixed”. You are suggesting “disable cache plugin”, but then what happen with the cache?, the site will be slow.

Question: Clearing cache will resolve this issue for the future?

Because I have IE9 and I saw a blank space on top (very annoying btw).

In the other hand, the messaje is rude!,

Regards

MoonSailor Friend

Hi adsoma,

Please update plugin system t3. If you still get error, please send pm info of your site to me, i will check again.

adsoma Friend

<em>@MoonSailor 335092 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi adsoma,

Please update plugin system t3. If you still get error, please send pm info of your site to me, i will check again.</blockquote>

I updated the plugin system t3, but still the problem. But now, appear not only in IE9, now in Firefox & Safari. (that´s mean the plugin is better, but not for good purposes)

I sent credential (PM)

MoonSailor Friend

Hi,

When i check your site, i could see that plugin cache is enabled, template cache is enabled also, and there is see any error as reported. Could you please be more specific so that I can offer the proper help?

adsoma Friend

<em>@MoonSailor 335382 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

When i check your site, i could see that plugin cache is enabled, template cache is enabled also, and there is see any error as reported. Could you please be more specific so that I can offer the proper help?</blockquote>

In this moment is happening, but I can leave that annoying message there, is extreme rude!!!!

1. annoying-message
    adsoma Friend

Please remove that message in your templates, finally is not your business what version is using the people.
    “shame of you” for many countries is rude, is not polite. Just think about it.

Ninja Lead Moderator

hi adsome,

please copy

<blockquote>plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/ie6/ie6warning.php</blockquote>

paste to

<blockquote>templates/ja_teline_iv/blocks/ie6/</blockquote>

Open ie6warning.php file

from

define ('SHOW_IE6_WARNING', 'close');

change to

define ('SHOW_IE6_WARNING', 'none');

If you have still error please send PM me(admin access and FTP account). I will help you out it.

Regards

adsoma Friend

this is no a solved thread!!! Remove from “solved” forum

adsoma Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 335862 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi adsome,

please copy

paste to

Open ie6warning.php file

from

define ('SHOW_IE6_WARNING', 'close');

change to

define ('SHOW_IE6_WARNING', 'none');

If you have still error please send PM me(admin access and FTP account). I will help you out it.

Regards</blockquote>
    I did that you suggested, will see….
    And Again, the message is annoying, rude, etc etc.

thanks for your help

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  adsoma 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum