Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am looking for help to resolve a problem I have on my website.

in google webmaster tools my site shows to have over a hundred crawl errors 106 to be exact

I have a spreadsheet with errors here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tvTPBkDyX1sVCxuX4D8Mp3w&output=html

there is some kind of component/content/ part in all the strings and I’m not sure how to get rid of them. it seems like all site has been duplicated like that. I have disabled all unnecessary modules. and I am stuck now. not sure what to do.

any help would be appreciated.:-[

leon_di Friend

Does it say that those URLs are not found?

If so, you’ve obviously changed something on your site that means the url’s on those pages have changed and google can no longer find them.

If this is in fact the case you will need to set up 301 redirects in your robots.txt file to point to the new url or somewhere else.

Hope that helps.

cr34t0red Friend

thanks. Actually. they just disappeared 🙂 I have been changing things. today actually it updated and now they are gone. 😀 this is great!

cr34t0red Friend

he he I wish I could tell you. I really dont know. last things I did, was disable plugins and modules I wast using, and uninstall many I wasnt using.

I am using artisteer generated template, which also was giving me trouble with things. like It doesnt want to work on php5. only php4.

plus I also noticed, when do hyperlinks and I select to link it to another article(another page) and I select page I want to link to through that browser that pops up and lets you browse for an article – then page would show without template.

Im guessing a lot of it is due to the fact that my SEF is turned on also. On other pages I have where I dont use SEF everything seems to be working fine. no problems whatsoever. a lot larger sites, with lots of content, many articles, many plugins and modules many videos and no problems.
    but this one site with SEF turned on is giving me lots of trouble 🙂
    I hope joomla 1.6 will be somewhat more search engine friendly (out of the box) without having to go through nightmares.

inkanet Friend

I’m using few Artister templates on my sites all with built in Joomla SEF, PHP 5.2 and never had problems. But I read that SEF404 component has compatibility problems with some plugins. So maybe this was the cause of your problem.

shriyakaif Friend

<em>@cunghuong 233578 wrote:</em><blockquote>Congratulations! Before I also had the same problem!</blockquote>

Any changes you made to get it clarrified?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shriyakaif 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum