Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi I have checked posts everywhere to figure this one out but no joy.

I’m running ja rasite 2.5 I have an issue with saving any updates to the T3 v.2 Template. After i make changes and try to save them, the apply loading icon keeps going around and around, without giving a response at all, and not saving the changes.

I have set the editor to off etc.. still not working.

Running on Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3 Fast, CGI – NFS

Blaine Friend

Check permissions as well as params.ini file.
    Is this a fresh install?

galaxie Friend

Hi

I have the same problem. Which permissions should I check? What should I do with params.ini?

I use Joomla 2.5, JA Tiris template and my website is http://www.imove-fit.ch. I try to remove the “cpanel”

Thanks!

swissa Friend

<em>@galaxie 324085 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

I have the same problem. Which permissions should I check? What should I do with params.ini?

I use Joomla 2.5, JA Tiris template and my website is http://www.imove-fit.ch. I try to remove the “cpanel”

Thanks!</blockquote>

If you go to template manager/ja_tiris (http://www.imove-fit.ch/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates&view=style&layout=edit&id=116) click on Profiles and then scroll down to Options and set all of them to ‘hide’. Click on the save button and cpanel should be gone on the front page.

galaxie Friend

This is what I did but, as rickozoid2 said: After i make changes and try to save them, the apply loading icon keeps going around and around, without giving a response at all, and not saving the changes. and the question mark is red, see on the printscreen:

1. cpanel
    swissa Friend

Have a look at your permissions (as mentioned above) at /administrator/index.php?option=com_admin&view=sysinfo and check on the directory permissions. All should be writable.

If you want to change them or make sure they are set as should be then the easiest way is to download Akeeba Admin Tools and use that to set permissions. While you are at Akeebabackup.com download the backup tool – the best tool you will ever have for Joomla.

If you get stuck just shout, we can always hide it using css

🙂

galaxie Friend

All files are writable, is there anything else I can do?

swissa Friend

I’d check first that all your modules, T3 etc are up to date using JA Extension Manager in Components. It might fix your problem and as always do regular backups!!

To hide it using css you can go to /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/usertools.css line 13

#ja-cpanel-wrapper {

• position: fixed;
    • top: 0;
    • right: 15px;
    • z-index: 1000;
    • font-size: 12px;
    • display: none; <add this line

}

Whenever you do an update of T3 though this will be overwritten so keep a copy of this…….

or you can just add that code to the end of your template.css and it should pick it up.

galaxie Friend

Thanks! I added your code in the template.css and it works.

I know it is not very useful to do like this but my Extension Manager is also having troubles… it says: “JFolder::create: Impossible de créer le répertoire” when I open it…

Also, I am more used to joomla 1.6 and I haven’t found yet in 2.5 where to do backups :-[

swissa Friend

<em>@galaxie 324151 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks! I added your code in the template.css and it works.

I know it is not very useful to do like this but my Extension Manager is also having troubles… it says: “JFolder::create: Impossible de créer le répertoire” when I open it…

Also, I am more used to joomla 1.6 and I haven’t found yet in 2.5 where to do backups :-[</blockquote>

JFolder problem has a few solutions depending on exactly what the problem is……:p

1st, check the paths in your configuration-php – especially if you have moved the site – you need to check the $tmp_path and $log_path and make sure they are correct. Make sure also that the tmp folder has permissions 755 using your ftp client or the hosting panel.

For backups in Joomla 2.5 download Akeeba 3.51, install it and voila the best protection you can get!! 😀

galaxie Friend

I checked the paths and they are correct. ALso I did not move the site, it is new. The permissions are ok as well, any other thing I need to do?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Cpanel on front-end was removed from j2.5.1 because some settings on Cpanel of front-end was conflict with admin setting: profile, layout, color and language….etc.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum