Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Dear all,

As we are the firs to develop JA Wall, is it possible to post your project in order to share ideas…

I will develop a news portal with JA Wall in Arabic and this is my temp link: http://www.targamat.com/alam/

All the best!

Aratype

renejdm Friend

Hi aratype,

I am developing a pet (dogs and cats) portal. This is being done on localhost so I do not have a link but I plan on getting a server with cloudaccess.net. Has anyone any comments on cloudaccess.net (good or bad)?

Rene

envaman Friend

cloudaccess.net is awesome cant go wrong.

renejdm Friend

Hi envaman,

Thanks for that. I have searching for a new host. I currently have 2 websites with Hostgator and I did a promotion two weeks ago for one of my websites (VPS) with them. I was getting an extra 250 unique visitors per day during this promotion and my website crashed every day. Of course I was furious! They told me to upgrade (from $50 per month to $125 per month) to solve this problem.

So I started looking for someone new and came across cloudaccess.net. They called me personally to answer my questions (which was nice) and assured me that my site would not crash with those numbers.

So I will probably get an account soon.

Rene

Aratype Friend

As I am in Switzerland, I use infomaniak.ch, the best hosting server I ever tested… (in En, Fr, De)

renejdm Friend

Hi aratype,

Actually they look pretty good (esp. their VOD plan). I will keep them in mind in case I get discouraged with cloudaccess.

Rene

swissa Friend

<em>@aratype 320765 wrote:</em><blockquote>As I am in Switzerland, I use infomaniak.ch, the best hosting server I ever tested… (in En, Fr, De)</blockquote>

I can really recommend metanet.ch too.

Edit: And the beauty of either of these Swiss hosters is that they don’t grant access willynilly to the FBI, CIA, DEA, NSA, Burger King, Joe’s Cafe etc!! 🙂

renejdm Friend

<em>@swissa 320773 wrote:</em><blockquote>… they don’t grant access willynilly to the FBI, CIA, DEA, NSA, Burger King, Joe’s Cafe etc!! :)</blockquote>

Hi swissa,

That’s important these days.

Rene

tfosnom Friend

Try bluehost or lunarpages professional great support et al
    Shannon

tfosnom Friend

<em>@swissa 320773 wrote:</em><blockquote>I can really recommend metanet.ch too.

Edit: And the beauty of either of these Swiss hosters is that they don’t grant access willynilly to the FBI, CIA, DEA, NSA, Burger King, Joe’s Cafe etc!! :)</blockquote>

No their US organisations, what of MI5, MI6,French Foreign Legion oops secret service LOL

kairey Friend

<em>@aratype 320765 wrote:</em><blockquote>As I am in Switzerland, I use infomaniak.ch, the best hosting server I ever tested… (in En, Fr, De)</blockquote>

I like how they offer 10 months of free hosting to anyone looking at moving hosting, that’s a real incentive for me as it gives you time to move multiple sites and client email accounts over a period of time….

jigarf2f Friend

Yes, Shared on my wall….! Pleases send me a copy! thanks

Konrad M Wagner Friend

Getting JA_WALL to work was not as easy as it usually is with joomlart’s “normal” template.

First, I had to upgrade my site from joomla 1.5 using jupgrade from redcomponent. After I installed JA_WALL template, my site looked like a mess. Then I found out that JA_WALL needs PHP 5.3. My provide all-inkl.com told me I can manually choose a newer PHP version by updating the .htaccess file. However, the site still looked like a mess.

Solution: I installed the quickstart (with an updated .htaccess file), exportet all my articles from joomla 1.5 via j2xml, and then imported them to new site with j2xml importer.

I finally got my site up and running: http://zeitgeistnews.de

I wish there was some mor documentation available. That would have solve me hours.

gjrweb Friend

We are testing at Airsoft Wall.com – http://www.airsoftwall.com

A wall with latest news about the Airsoft sport, combined with what’s happening online in the social feed.

We got twitter, facebook, youtube and instagram to work. However the display is not that nice.
    We are still testing with feedgator and the display of imported feeds.

Looking forward for a Vimeo and Flickr integration of the Social Feed Plugin.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  gjrweb 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum