Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Template: JA Quillaja
    Joomla 1.5

I installed the XAMPP local server. Installed the JA Quillaja Quickstart. Everything works great on my local installation. After I made some content changes on my local host, I uploaded all of the files to my web host (Godaddy) using FileZilla.

I did a backup of my local MySQL database using phpMyadmin, and imported it into my web host. I can open the MySQL database in Godaddy, and everything appears to be there. I am using the same database name as what’s showing in my hosting account.

I made some changes in my configuration.php (so it would not try connecting to my localhost server).

When I try to go to the administrator login screen, this is the message I get:

[FONT=”Arial Black”]Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL[/FONT]

Below is a link to view my configuration.php file. Can anyone see anything there that would cause the error shown above? Any suggestions on how to make it connect?

Congifuration.php

Any help would be appreciated, as I really need to get this site working ASAP.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Menalto Friend

Triple check this:
    [PHP] var $host = ‘try with localhost,else ask your host’;
    var $user = ‘your database username’;
    var $db = ‘your database name’;
    var $password = ‘your database password’;[/PHP]

brucesoil Friend

I changed $host to localhost, but that didn’t work either. Everything else was correct.

The host is saying to use “p50mysql157.secureserver.net” as the host name, so I tried that, but still getting the same error.

brucesoil Friend

I fixed it! 😀 It was a password capitalization error. Thanks so much for making me take a closer look at that. Check it out.

cgc0202 Friend

Hi brucesoil,

Route path issues:

Is this your live site:

http://www.thetrackstudio.com/recording-studio/

Using your FTP, can you copy and provide a raw path of the index.php of your Joomla installation?

Note: You must delete this later

Live site is empty

It appears that your Joomla installation is not in the root directory?

How about the htaccess.txt? Did you change it to .htaccess?

When your installation is not in the root directory, if the live site is empty, in the configuration.php, it may trigger the problem or definitely from my experience, it becomes an issue when you turn on the SEO.

Database and Username Nomenclature

Are you using a shared server or dedicated server?

You do not have to use it, but can you create the following for a dummy installation:

create a new database name => just call this generically as dbname for public posting here
    create a new username for this database => just call this userdbname for public posting here

In a shared server environment, the “full database name” and the “full username” of the one who will use the database will be a compound name, like this:

siteusername_dbname

siteusername_userdbname

note the underscore, not a hyphen

where siteusername is the username assigned to your account. This nomenclature is needed in shared server environment to distinguish your databases from those of other users.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@brucesoil 66756 wrote:</em><blockquote>I fixed it! 😀 It was a password capitalization error. Thanks so much for making me take a closer look at that. Check it out.</blockquote>

Very nice site.

Your route path were very odd though, just curious if that is a GoDaddy thing.

Did you have the SEF URL turned on? It does not look like it is.

Also, if you are brave enough, you may consider upgrading to Joomla 1.5.4

One of the features corrected with Joomla 1.5.4 is that instead of

Welcome to Frontpage => your site name

The Track Recording Studio

appears at the top of the browser, and when people bookmarks your site.

So far, I have installed it in a site, including a JA Quillaja because someone claims that it was taking them forever to download it and it is not working. I did not encounter any problem, at all.

Cornelio

N.B. Of course, you have to save your db for safety, in case something goes wrong.

Menalto Friend

<em>@cgc0202 66760 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi brucesoil,

Route path issues:

Is this your live site:

http://www.thetrackstudio.com/recording-studio/

Using your FTP, can you copy and provide a raw path of the index.php of your Joomla installation?

Note: You must delete this later

Live site is empty

It appears that your Joomla installation is not in the root directory?

How about the htaccess.txt? Did you change it to .htaccess?

When your installation is not in the root directory, if the live site is empty, in the configuration.php, it may trigger the problem or definitely from my experience, it becomes an issue when you turn on the SEO.

Database and Username Nomenclature

Are you using a shared server or dedicated server?

You do not have to use it, but can you create the following for a dummy installation:

create a new database name => just call this generically as dbname for public posting here
    create a new username for this database => just call this userdbname for public posting here

In a shared server environment, the “full database name” and the “full username” of the one who will use the database will be a compound name, like this:

siteusername_dbname

siteusername_userdbname

note the underscore, not a hyphen

where siteusername is the username assigned to your account. This nomenclature is needed in shared server environment to distinguish your databases from those of other users.

Cornelio</blockquote>

What are you actually talking about here?????

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

This error here means there is 3 things that is wrong.
    1. Wong database username
    2. Wrong databae password
    3. Wrong dabase host

brucesoil Friend

No, this is not the live site. I just put it in that directory to see if it would work. I’ll move it later. I was just having problems getting the MySQL to connect, and I was putting in the wrong password as Menalto suggested. Everything else was set correctly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  brucesoil 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum