Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I’m a bit puzzled and would prefer to have a quick question instead of spending a few hours (that I don’t have at the moment).

Is there a process involved in order to get out of Development mode?
    As soon as I do that all changes that I’ve done on LESS files in the Dev folder are gone.

What is the role of the “Compile LESS to CSS” button?

Thanks all,

phong nam Friend

Hi designorama,

When you click Compile Less to Css button, all css parameters of .less files including your changes will be compiled to the corresponding .css files, so that your modifications will be effective on the front-end.

designorama Friend

Thanks Leo.
    I tried that but I noticed that not all modified files are updated after the Compiled LESS to CSS process. For example file style.css isn’t updated causing the site to break when I disable Development mode.

At first I thought that might had to do with permission settings for individual files but I checked and style.css has same permissions as the files that are updated ok.

Scratching my head here!!!

phong nam Friend

Hi designorama,

The .less fille will be only automatically compiled to .css file whenever you enable the Development Mode, if not, you will need to click Compile less to css button each time after updating the .less files.

In addition, the Compiling process in our T3 framework always lasts 15s-30s to finish basing on the updated .less files and user’s hosting performance. So that, i suggest you to increase the max_execution_time to make sure the process was done successfully without canceling.

manuelreil Friend

Hi,

I have a similar problem. When I am switching development off, my custom less specifications in the theme folder (I made them in the existing files template.less and variables.less), they are not reflected in the live site.

When I am switching back, everything is alright.
    Write access for t3-asses is granted. I have the feeling that those less files are not considered during the compile run.

Thank you for helping me out.
    Manuel

phong nam Friend

Hi Manuel,

When you turn on the Dev mode, the template will temporarily display the layout styles from the less css files (i.e /t3-assets/dev/templates.ja_brisk.less.navigation.less.css file).

If you want the template to load the styles inside .css files, you need to compile Less to Css in Template Manager after turning off the Dev mode.

manuelreil Friend

Thank you for the quick reply. Did that, 2 css files were created in t3-assets/css. But my changes in the variables.less files of the 2 themes I am using in this site are not included. I did simple test: I have larger logo image for which I had to increase the width of .logo-image from 80px (original) to 200px. Every logo-image in the created css files have a width of 80px specified.

Can it be that these files are not considered.
    Was it wrong to put my customizations into /templates/ja_brisk/less/themes/default_orange/variables.css (and a second variables.css) in another theme?

Thank you,
    Manuel

phong nam Friend

Hi Manuel,

I just want to repeat again that you need to do:

– Turn off the Development Mode.

– Click on Compile Less to Css button in Template Manager and Save the template style after the compiling process finishes.

Note: When you click Compile Less to Css, all .less files (even inside themes) will be automatically compiled to the corresponding .css files. By this ways, your modifications (i.e logo) will be effective on front-end after turning off the Dev mode.

manuelreil Friend

This was clear to me, but is not working in this case. I will provide you an user account on the dev system so that you can really see what I mean.

manuelreil Friend

Solved it by a workaround: I compiled the css out of the less files from my dev site and copied the resulting css files over to the prod site. Working, but strange as I am not aware of any difference between dev and prod.

Thank you for your help,
    Manuel

phong nam Friend

Hi Manuel,

That is great. The strange is related to the configuration of your remote server that sometimes causes the compiling less process of our T3 plugin not complete correctly.

There are some JA members experienced the same issue with compiling less on remote server. In this case, we always suggest them to try on 2 solutions:

– Try to increase the max_execution_time to at least 300 so the compiling process can perform better.

– Compiling the .less files on localhost and upload back to remote server.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum