Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I know this has already been mentioned inanother thread, but I wanted to start a new one in hopes the developers will attempt to correct this major template flaw.

I have had the displeasure of starting two seperate sites using this template. Its a great looking template, but unfortunately, Ive started two sites simultaneously and about half-way through realized this error.

After reading the comments from the moderators and other folks saying it doesn’t happen on the demo, they are wrong. This error does in fact happen on your demo!

I have also noticed on my site, that this error also happens on pages without the ja_news flash on the page. Its very inconsistent and happens very randomly. I would recommend trying to re-produce the error using IE7 on your demo, by continuously clicking the links on the main menu-slider until it occurs. Usually repeating the same link two or three times, Ive noticed.

Please help all of us. It is a great looking template, but I have already committed so far, as I’m sure many others have, into this I’d rather NOT start all over again with another template.

I have included a screenshot of your demo producing the error for your records.

Thanks.

anisjolly Friend

this is not the only problem with the footer, there also is the problem that persists where the footer splits into 2 so you have one footer displaying the copyright info and the other footer shows the css / xhtml icons.

Check out this URL for an example:

http://blog.panamabeachrealty.com/1/panama-city-beach-real-estate-forum

Please note: this url is not my site, this link was posted on another thread where there is no solution present for this problem. My site however does exactly the same thing.

If these could be fixed – it would in my opinion complete the template!!!

funkmanusa Friend

Yeah the link you posted is one of my sites im working on.
    I hope for a solution, otherwise im at somewhat of a standstill until one of the developers at least aknowledges and hopefully corrects this frustrating issue.

Menalto Friend

<em>@funkmanusa 55087 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yeah the link you posted is one of my sites im working on.
    I hope for a solution, otherwise im at somewhat of a standstill until one of the developers at least aknowledges and hopefully corrects this frustrating issue.</blockquote>
    I sendt you a PM with a url you can check out if you see that error in, i have not been able to find that error yet with the footer that blows out totally as seen on your screenshots.
    Checked it in Firefox, IE6, IE7, Opera and Flock.

This template is a little bit modified with the modules just so you know.

funkmanusa Friend

Thanks for the reply!

I made hundreds of attempts and this one does not cause the error from my end as well.
    Any idea why the default template causes it?

anisjolly Friend

Hey Menalto

Is there any way I can see what you and funkmanusa are looking at as I’m having the same issue. The only time I have this problem is when I add a module in the right hand column of the template (which I really need to have)

markb Friend

I am having the same problem, I have added a module to the “top” and every so often a blue bar will appear mid way through the page, it seems to be 1 in every 3 loads!

Anyone have a solution yet?
    Thanks
    Mark

joeleal Friend

I guess i am going to have to re-start my site with a different template. This is sad.

funkmanusa Friend

joeleal,

I hav enoticed that not using the default pages to rewrite your articles may solve the problem. From what I’ve noticed, if you use the default topography page and then change the content, the error occurs. Not sure why. Try making your own pages from scratch and see if it occurs on those pages.

kalinski Friend

Hello Friends,

this is indeed a very annoying flaw, that only occur in IE7. It seem to messed up the CSS after you activated the “TOP” modul position. You can see this behavior if you put the Newsflash into TOP and reduce the Height of the DIV to 85px – the footer is where it belongs. 😉 Extend the size of TOP (to e.g. 120px) and the error occurs again.

Anyway, i’ve examined the CSS a bit and think i have found the troublemaker.
    Please goto Modul->Template->Corona click on Edit CSS, open the template.css. Now search for #ja-footerwrap and change the line position: relative; to /* position: relative; */ – this will comment out this rule. Now look one section below for #ja-footer and add the position: relative; in this section. Click the save button, reload the website and see if it helped. 🙂

kind regards

funkmanusa Friend

Wow! Good Job, Im gonna give it a try.

joeleal Friend

Thank You very much, you are my hero. I tried and it looks like it is working, I am wodering if it will change something else on the template, I will keep testing to see. Again Thank you and if you ever need anything that i can help you with, please let me know.

kalinski Friend

You’re welcome. Please give feedback here if it worked for you, that others with the same problem know about it.

mlim88 Friend

hi kalinski, your css trick works.
    THANKS

joeleal Friend

So far i have tested it on my site and found no problems. You should get paid from the support team for fixing this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  volkan3978 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum