Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a live website using JA Onepage template. I want to make an IDENTICAL copy of the site along with all the content but use it for another domain name. So the other domain name would have the same information, images, custom.css, and database as the original one.

What is the best way to COPY the site to the new domain and use it at that point. I will then simply edit a few things and place a new logo on the site.

I was looking at Akeeba backup but not sure if that is the best choice for what I am wanting to do. IF Akeeba backup is the way to go, can you tell me how I would go about doing this?

Thanks,

Ron

pavit Moderator

Hi there

You just need to install Akeeba backup on your website and take a full backup of it

Then you should copy the akeeba .jpa file on to your new server and also the kickstart.php file

create a new database on your new server and launch the akeeba .jpa file in this way

yourwebsiteurl/kickstart.php

a new installation will start that will be the exact copy of your website on the new domain , then you can start to customize it as you wish

Hope it helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum