Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

With sophisticated themes variation, the Cooper is still in a very beta version. The Team is still working on some IE6 bugs as well as updated the 3 themes options to the package.

I know that there are a lot of people are anxious playing around with this new template, you can still download the Beta version HERE

SPECIAL WARNING:
    it is not ready for real production site. The stable version will be available very soon in 2 or 3 days. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

bytestor Friend

Thank you very much. JOOMLART ROCKS MANNN Looks very nice..

imsleepy Friend

I will assume since you are releasing the BETA version, you will want feedback?

jimg Friend

Simple Spelling error – http://template15.joomlart.com/ja_cooper/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=55

Menu should be Navigation vs Nagivations.

Hung Dinh Friend

Thank you. I have updated to Menu Options 🙂

imsleepy Friend

Just encountered this in another question for Teline II template and it is an easy fix.

The login module has “Forgot Your Password” under box for entering User Name and “Forgot Your Username” under the box for entering Password.

This can lead to some confusion for users as it seems to prompt them to enter wrong information in wrong box. It’s an easy fix in the mod_login > default.php and if it is corrected now, will save lots of questions in the forums later and save headaches for users and administrators also.

Suggested Change

<div class="ja-login-links">
    <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&view=remind' ); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME'); ?></a>
    <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&view=reset' ); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD'); ?></a>

Also, no way to close box once it is open unless you log in or create account. Hopefully you are adding close button?

joev Friend

Some feedback…

There is a mispelling on the Styles menu. I think it should be Carbon instead of Cacbon.

On the slideshow, it doesn’t appear to go to the next slide. Also, I’m seeing a slight flicker or choppy effect when the next image loads. Not sure if this is some type of effect. I actually prefer a smoother transition like in Sanidine.

Will the slideshow Collaspeable option be available like the prototype screens? Also, can the header section be used on other pages to display products like a scroller?

Regarding the car images, it seems to me that it would make sense to be able to click on the image and see a larger photo, like the Quartz gallery pics. I know that this can always be added, but for a car showcase site, it should be a must-have.

I really like the light (white) content section for the Carbon style. Is there any way to have this as an option for the inside pages instead of the dark theme. Sorry if I’m jumping ahead, but I wanted to provide my initial thoughts. Thanks!

SP Media Friend

Thanks for the update, will wait.:)

imsleepy Friend

One more suggestion please:

An easy way to turn off the tool-tip that pops out to display article preview when hovering over links to other articles in the JA News. Many people do not like the function and I have yet to find a way to turn it off in other templates.

Thanks! Great looking template by the way. Worth the wait.

VisiGod Friend

I admire that you state it is a beta. As you see, none is complaining and people are happy to both help, send feedback and wait.
    This way is better IMO.

joev Friend

Okay, so here are my initial thoughts. Please be nice as I am only sharing my opinion. I think the template is good, but I do find it hard to understand how it relates to a high-end car theme. If you look at any of the car sites, like Infiniti and Lexus, the sites are designed to showcase their products, which is cars.

I would have thought that the inside pages would have some sort of showcase gallery, product scroller, etc. (ie Highslide, Lytebox, etc.) I know that some will say that I can add that stuff myself, but I kindof expected some styled extensions to be included and geared towards showcasing a product.

I think the extra styles are nice, but I would have been happy with just a few. The slide-show looks a bit out of balance on the Carbon theme. I would like to see the slide-show more in-line with the content body for better balance. Again, if you notice some of the commercial car sites, their sites are really clean, so the main focus is the actual car images. Your eyes focus on the car image and not the surrounding graphics. I haven’t seen the module variations or positions yet, so maybe there’s still hope. But some showcasing extensions would have been really nice to have instead of generic inside text pages.

ShannonN Friend

spmedia;111607Thanks for the update, will wait.:)

Me too, Looking at the demo I see nothing happening with bkg change in the Carbon theme or style? I would have imagined the bkg would have changed to a carbon fibre look?

The metal in metal theme? Well keep working on it guys the bkg looks a bit too chunky for me, but the metal panel at the top being brown? That stuff is always shiny as the plating is aluminum!

Will check back in a few days when the bugs are better sorted, Good luck to JA with the testing
    Cheers ShannonN

Hung Dinh Friend

Thank you very much for all of your feedback & report. The new version will be updated today with all bugs fixes.
    And I have this asking for your decision 🙂

Hung Dinh Friend

Hung Dinh;111983Thank you very much for all of your feedback & report. The new version will be updated today with all bugs fixes.
    And I have this asking for your decision 🙂

Just want to confirm that the stable version has been uploaded yesterday. Things are well tested & all reported bugs + 5 themes has been included. The PSD source file will be available tomorrow.

We will keep provide bug fixes if there is any.

Thread closed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum