Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Using the current version of ja_simpli
    Using Joomla 3.5.1
    Select the Simpli Default, Green, Blue, etc style
    Go to Layout Configuration
    Go to Main Content
    Select Main Content = Content Position = Right
    Look at site on mobile device or in responsive mode in Firebug

The left column is not flowing properly. For instance, if you set a background color on that sidebar, it will be showing behind the main content area. Even in just the unmodified background, the "highlight module" that is in position-7 has a border around it that lays on top of the main content area. This only happens when below 768px.

I have added this to a custom.css file to eliminate the issue:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
    [class="span"], .uneditable-input[class="span"], .row-fluid [class*="span"] {
    float: left;
    }
    }

Can someone please verify that this is a problem and correct it?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Scott Lavelle Friend

I’ve determined it’s not just me or my install or something I’ve done wrong. The problem exists on the demo page here:
    http://ja-simpli.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/2016-04-29-08-58-29/template-layouts/content-two-cols-2

Just squeeze your browser down to <768px or open it on mobile and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

I guess you are mentioning about it does not show the left space on the link above. You can use this way to fix this bug

Open templates/ja_simpli/css/template.css file

find and change

@media (max-width: 979px) and (min-width: 768px) {
        .row {
            margin-left: -20px;
        }   
    }

to

@media (max-width: 979px) and (min-width: 768px) {
        .row {
            margin-left: 20px;
        }   
    }

Regards

1. Screen-Shot-2016-07-04-at-11.31.11
    Scott Lavelle Friend

No, this is not the issue.

Just open that link and make the page smaller than 768px and you will see the orange border of the highlight module overlap with the content area. It’s easiest to see that, but it’s actually a whole sidebar problem. Imagine you had a background color on the sidebar of Black, for example. When in mobile mode, the whole content area would have black laying behind it instead of just the sidebar parts.

This only happens when you have the content to the right and sidebar to the left. It works correctly when you have the sidebar on the right (the default layout for this template).

Ninja Lead Moderator

Try to use this way to fix that problem

Open templates/ja_simpli/css/template.css file and add new rule

@media (max-width: 767px) {
        [class*="span"].pull-right {
            float: none !important;
        }   
    }
    Scott Lavelle Friend

Without actually trying this fix, note that I already found a similar thing to resolve this. My point in reporting it (which you have confirmed with your workaround) is that it is a problem in the template. This should be fixed since I can’t think of a reason that you would want it to behave the way that it does.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@slavelle: Yes, this is a problem our product and I will report to our development team and they will fix it next version.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum