Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Need help fixing our site, the content isn’t updating well at all. Mainly it’s everything except the raw text inputted in the articles.

FYI I’ve read the recommendations and I’ve turned off all caching, so I don’t think that’s the issue.

Thanks

Darren

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Darren,

May I know which modules don’t update content. If you turn off cache in Advanced options of module and clean all cache, it should update immediately.

Darren Scott Friend

Mainly it’s the Side News modules but it’s also with images that are uploaded via ftp

Saguaros Moderator

Dear dnasport,

Could you PM me a FTP account so that I can check to see what’s happened?

Darren Scott Friend

K, sent FTP access around an hour ago

Saguaros Moderator

Dear dnasport,

I tried to change image in one of articles in Slideshow category which the Ja Side News module displays, I also set caching to Don’t cache in advanced optioin of this module. And I see the change immediately.

Please check again.

Darren Scott Friend

I’ll check it out, thanks for all of ur help

D

Darren Scott Friend

Sorry, checked it and still not updating correctly. Have had some items not update for 3 hours… could it be a DB issue? if so is there a way to refresh or “clean” for lack of a better word. Without losing content of course.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear dnasport,

As my above reply, what steps I follow is : set Caching to No in advanced option of this JA Side News module -> change image in one article of slideshow category -> clean T3 cache and image appear in frontend immediately.

Darren Scott Friend

Thanks for all of your help but this is more of a global problem. Images don’t appear when loaded until maybe 20 minutes after I upload them. Same thing with turning on and off modules, module positions.

Really any update with this site takes on average 15-20 minutes to show up on the frontend. It’s a first for me having worked with Joomla for years. Frustrating.

swissa Friend

<em>@dnasport 329810 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for all of your help but this is more of a global problem. Images don’t appear when loaded until maybe 20 minutes after I upload them. Same thing with turning on and off modules, module positions.

Really any update with this site takes on average 15-20 minutes to show up on the frontend. It’s a first for me having worked with Joomla for years. Frustrating.</blockquote>

look here – administrator/index.php?option=com_config and click on the system tab.

See if you have cache on and I bet the time will be 15mins!! Also set in template manager “Enable Dev mode” to yes. Should clear it for you.:p

Darren Scott Friend

Caching was set to off but I put the time limit to 0 (instead of 15) and it helped some b ut not on every refresh. Probably knocked it down to 2 minutes for changes to appear.

Also, I already had Developer Mode turned on.

Saguaros Moderator

well please update URL – admin – FTP account cause I cannnot access your site in previous PM, I shall make a sample change in this module to see what’s going on.

Darren Scott Friend

Def. working better. Still not instant edits like I’m used to with Joomla but down to maybe 30 sec.

Thanks for your help

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Darren Scott 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum