Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m looking to enable or create a simple “content alert” on the home page, with its “close button”, in this way when I click on it, the aler message disssapear.

Take a look to the attachement file to see what I mean

Is there a way?
    I was trying with bootstrap but is is not working for me.
    Please, any idea?

Thanks a lot 🙂

Adam M Moderator

Hi @edd,

I guess you will want to use Bootstrap modal to implement the modal box, then use Bootstrap Collapse to show / hide it.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @edd,

I guess you will want to use Bootstrap modal to implement the modal box, then use Bootstrap Collapse to show / hide it.

edd Friend

Hi Adam M,
    yeah, that’s is… great… I got this code to use:

<div class="alert alert-info alert-dismissible fade in" role="alert">
    <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="alert" aria-label="Close"><span aria-hidden="true">?</span></button>
    <strong>The text I want to display goes here</strong>
    </div>

But there is a thing: I placed this alert on the home page, I close it. Then I visit the web site and when I back to the home page, this alert is again there.
    How can I dissable it once I close it the first time?

Thanks a lot for help 😉

edd Friend

Hi Adam M,
    yeah, that’s is… great… I got this code to use:

<div class="alert alert-info alert-dismissible fade in" role="alert">
    <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="alert" aria-label="Close"><span aria-hidden="true">?</span></button>
    <strong>The text I want to display goes here</strong>
    </div>

But there is a thing: I placed this alert on the home page, I close it. Then I visit the web site and when I back to the home page, this alert is again there.
    How can I dissable it once I close it the first time?

Thanks a lot for help 😉

Adam M Moderator

Hi @edd,

I’m afraid you will need to write a custom plugin / JS code instead in order to handle cookies (that’s where you close the bar and it won’t open again until next session). I also made a quick search but look like 3rd party extensions that suite your need are all commercial.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @edd,

I’m afraid you will need to write a custom plugin / JS code instead in order to handle cookies (that’s where you close the bar and it won’t open again until next session). I also made a quick search but look like 3rd party extensions that suite your need are all commercial.

edd Friend

<em>@Adam M 496988 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @edd,

I’m afraid you will need to write a custom plugin / JS code instead in order to handle cookies (that’s where you close the bar and it won’t open again until next session). I also made a quick search but look like 3rd party extensions that suite your need are all commercial.</blockquote>

Hi Adam,
    Uhhmm I see…

Anyway, thanks a lot for great help 🙂

edd Friend

<em>@Adam M 496988 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @edd,

I’m afraid you will need to write a custom plugin / JS code instead in order to handle cookies (that’s where you close the bar and it won’t open again until next session). I also made a quick search but look like 3rd party extensions that suite your need are all commercial.</blockquote>

Hi Adam,
    Uhhmm I see…

Anyway, thanks a lot for great help 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  edd 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum