Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Commenting out this code seems to remove the extra padding, which is fine since I’m not using text headings this time. But, is this a question best asked in the Joomla forums? This appears in my JA-Ores template > html > com_content > article > default_default.php.

Thanks!

<!– <?php if ($this->params->get(‘show_title’,1)) : ?>
    <h2 class=”contentheading<?php echo $this->escape($this->params->get( ‘pageclass_sfx’ )); ?> clearfix”>
    <?php if ($this->params->get(‘link_titles’) && $this->article->readmore_link != ”) : ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo $this->article->readmore_link; ?>” class=”contentpagetitle<?php echo $this->escape($this->params->get( ‘pageclass_sfx’ )); ?>”>
    <?php echo $this->escape(isset($this->article->page_title)?$this->article->page_title:$this->article->title); ?>
    </a>
    <?php else : ?>
    <?php echo $this->escape(isset($this->article->page_title)?$this->article->page_title:$this->article->title); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </h2>

<?php if (!$this->params->get(‘show_intro’)) :
    echo $this->article->event->afterDisplayTitle;
    endif; ?> –>

joomlageeks Friend

Dear Artcop,

Are you looking to remove the exrta 15 pixel padding? I am not able to completely understand on what you are looking here.

Can you also post your website link here, so that it will be easy for us to help you out

Thanks
    James

Saguaros Moderator

If you disable the showing title of article, you can disable it via the “Show Article Title” parameter in the Global Configuration or via the Article’s Configuration

artcop Friend

Yes, it appears necessary to remove the extra spacing for cross-platform compatibility. I didn’t see anything that refers to the h2 class in the IE specific stylesheets, so I just wanted to ask whether this was something that the developer needed to address for future releases.

The link to the site I’m building is: http://ganttdesign.com/newsite

Thanks!

artcop Friend

The titles have always been disabled in this case via all config settings.

It’s also worthy of noting here that when this code is not commented out, but titles are disabled, there appears a stray close h2 div, for example:

<!– CONTENT –>
    <div id=”ja-main” style=”width:70%”>
    <div class=”inner clearfix”>

<div id=”ja-contentwrap” class=””>

<div id=”ja-content” class=”column” style=”width:100%”>

<div id=”ja-current-content” class=”column” style=”width:100%”>

<div class=”ja-content-main clearfix”>

</h2>

<div class=”article-content”>

This is actually why I thought there may be a bug. It looks like the h2 close div is outside the loop, but I don’t know PHP that well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  artcop 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum