Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

PROBLEM SOLVED! – Read the thread if interested

[FONT=”Georgia”]Hi everyone,

I can’t see why the dropdown menu in the content editor doesn’t load the styles. When clicking on “–Styles–“, I only get 2 options:

–Styles–
    caption
    system-pagebreak

I’ve tested it with

• a fresh install of Joomla! 1.5 and the three ja_avian_ii templates
    • the quickstart for Joomla! 1.5 with the previous templates preinstalled.

In any of the cases the dropdown menu in the content editor displays the styles from the css. How can I fix that?

ruben[/FONT]

ruben valero Friend

>:(
    [FONT=”Georgia”]
    Well, I’m more than fed-up with having to use the html editor to apply styles to content using the TinyMCEeditor. The styles dropdown menu in the editor won’t work (or I don’t know how to make it load the styles in the styles menu).

I’ve just installed JoomlaFCKEditor for joomla! 1.5 and it works OK so …. bye bye TinyMCE.

If anyone is using Joomla !.5! (fresh install, or quickstart) and their TinyMCEEditor works fine, please, tell me.

For those having the same problem as I did, install FCKEditor. You can find it here.
    http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,90/Itemid,35/

(Don’t forget to set it up as Default editor in the tab Global Configuration).

All the best
    ruben[/FONT]

Michael Casha Friend

I find FCKEditor a very good WYSIWYG editor

darjk Friend

Thanks for that info Ruben. I was having the exact same problem with my latest site which I decided to try 1.5 with. Will be installing FCKEditor post-haste.

ruben valero Friend

[FONT=”Georgia”]Definitely not an orthodox solution, but eventually I can see the styles of the template both in the styles dropdown menu and applied to the content I’m editing.

What I did was the following:

• Make a copy of the template.css file (in the css folder of your template directory)
    • Rename it to editor.css
    • Edit the plugin parameters TinyMCE to
    • – Template CSS classes Yes
      – Custom CSS Classes (leave it blank)

And now you can make use of all the styles of ja_avian in this editor.

All the best
    ruben[/FONT]

rimas Friend

Hello, I install FCK editor but still haven’t Avian II css styles… What should I configurate ?

Only the last solutions works, but I want to use FCK editor.

Help me please, thank you.

ruben valero Friend

[FONT=”Georgia”]Hi, Rimas.

I understand you’re using a Joomla 1.5.x.

• Once you’ve installed FCKEditor, you have to enable it in the Plugin Manager.
    • Then, you have to select it as the default editor in Global Configuration/Site/Site Settings/Default WYSIWYG Editor.

You should then logout (sometimes this type of changes need a “restart”).
    I hope it works.

All the best,
    ruben[/FONT]

rimas Friend

Hello,

thanks ruben. I try it, but it’s still doesn’t work. I see some styles byt not styles form typo.css I try include as additional style but FCK always show errors…

Any ideas

rimas Friend

Some additional inforrmation:

Additional stylesheet (typo.css) placed in my template directory.

In plug-in advanced parameters I write a name of style sheet and path to that directory.

I always have the same error:
    Warning: fopen(../plugins/editors/fckeditor/typo.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/my/domains/my.com/public_html/t/plugins/editors/fckeditor.php on line 380

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/my/domains/my.com/public_html/t/plugins/editors/fckeditor.php on line 381

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/my/domains/my.com/public_html/t/plugins/editors/fckeditor.php on line 382

I try write the web address but it’s still doesn’t work. How should I write a path ?

Thank you,

ruben valero Friend

I’m afraid I can’t help you with that.

Ruben

rimas Friend

Hello, thanks Ruben.

Anyone have any ideas ?!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rimas 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum