Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I’ve found an odd type of bug and it has taken me over an hour to troubleshoot and try to work out what was happening here.

I’ve figured out that on a standard article content page (i.e. where a menu item is linked to a Single Article), if a hyperlinked email address is included, then the whole page of content is duplicated below in a slightly different format.

I’m not sure why this is happening, but it is definitely happening and it was quite a frustrating process to work out what was going on.

Thought this is something you might like to take a look at.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    Kindly provide the details :
    Your site article link where i can see issue
    + PM me your working site admin details . I will check it directly on your site .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    Kindly provide the details :
    Your site article link where i can see issue
    + PM me your working site admin details . I will check it directly on your site .

innovationmindcenter Friend

Here is an example of the same issue: http://erickson1.imc-website-test.info/book

Here is an example of the same issue: http://erickson1.imc-website-test.info/book

<em>@innovationmindcenter 498535 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is an example of the same issue: http://erickson1.imc-website-test.info/book</blockquote>

Here is an link of the same post admin and pw has been submitted for admin: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/duplicaterepeated-contentmodule-in-the-same-article/

<em>@innovationmindcenter 498535 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is an example of the same issue: http://erickson1.imc-website-test.info/book</blockquote>

Here is an link of the same post admin and pw has been submitted for admin: http://id.joomlart.com/forums/topic/duplicaterepeated-contentmodule-in-the-same-article/

unimarconi Friend

Hello, I have the same problem, doesn’t matter if the email is an hyperlink or not the content get duplicated. Haven’t debugged the code but I bet the problem could be within this code:

ja_charityhtmllayoutsjoomlacontentitemdefault.php

// split introtext & text
    if ($params->get('show_intro', 0)) {
    $pos = strpos($item->text, $item->introtext);
    if ($pos !== false) {
    $item->text = substr_replace ($item->text, '', $pos, strlen($item->introtext));
    }
    }

I guess that for some reason the introtext get duplicated into the fulltext, if I put a read more tag on top of the article the problem disappear but that doesn’t seems the right solution to me.

unimarconi Friend

Hello, I have the same problem, doesn’t matter if the email is an hyperlink or not the content get duplicated. Haven’t debugged the code but I bet the problem could be within this code:

ja_charityhtmllayoutsjoomlacontentitemdefault.php

// split introtext & text
    if ($params->get('show_intro', 0)) {
    $pos = strpos($item->text, $item->introtext);
    if ($pos !== false) {
    $item->text = substr_replace ($item->text, '', $pos, strlen($item->introtext));
    }
    }

I guess that for some reason the introtext get duplicated into the fulltext, if I put a read more tag on top of the article the problem disappear but that doesn’t seems the right solution to me.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @unimarconi
    Kindly follow the suggestion given here by support team member

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @unimarconi
    Kindly follow the suggestion given here by support team member

unimarconi Friend

Hello @pankajsharma
    this is what I have done but I consider this a workaround not a solution. This way I have to remember to add the readmore tag on every page and what if I need to display those articles both as individual pages and in a category blog? Or if I need to use the read more feature and don’t want to duplicate the introtext into fulltext disabling to show the former? This is the first theme I ever met that shows this behaviour

unimarconi Friend

Hello @pankajsharma
    this is what I have done but I consider this a workaround not a solution. This way I have to remember to add the readmore tag on every page and what if I need to display those articles both as individual pages and in a category blog? Or if I need to use the read more feature and don’t want to duplicate the introtext into fulltext disabling to show the former? This is the first theme I ever met that shows this behaviour

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@unimarconi 498710 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello @pankajsharma
    this is what I have done but I consider this a workaround not a solution. This way I have to remember to add the readmore tag on every page and what if I need to display those articles both as individual pages and in a category blog? Or if I need to use the read more feature and don’t want to duplicate the introtext into fulltext disabling to show the former? This is the first theme I ever met that shows this behaviour</blockquote>
    Hi template will work in this way , do u want to remove the Intro text permanently ?
    U can PM me your site super user details i will check it and update u.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@unimarconi 498710 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello @pankajsharma
    this is what I have done but I consider this a workaround not a solution. This way I have to remember to add the readmore tag on every page and what if I need to display those articles both as individual pages and in a category blog? Or if I need to use the read more feature and don’t want to duplicate the introtext into fulltext disabling to show the former? This is the first theme I ever met that shows this behaviour</blockquote>
    Hi template will work in this way , do u want to remove the Intro text permanently ?
    U can PM me your site super user details i will check it and update u.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum