Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m still exploring the best way to list articles for an author and wondered if I could use the Contacts options.

I installed a new copy of your JA Magz II template with sample data (via quickstart) and created a Contact (me) which I linked to the Super User (the author of the sample data articles). I then set Link Author to Yes in the menu (setting it Global Config for Articles didn’t work).

I’ve attached a screenshot of how this looks in the Blog Post menu. So far, so good, but when I click on the link, the Uncategorised category is displayed for the Contact (even though I’ve set Show Category to Hide in the Contact and in the Global Config) and I don’t see the articles for the author (and again, I’ve set Show User Articles to Show).

Again, I’ve added a screenshot to help explain what’s happening and not happening for me with the Magz II template and sample data. Hopefully it will help you point me in the right direction.

Regards, Robertf

1. Screen-Shot-2016-09-14-at-5.22.36-PM
    2. Screen-Shot-2016-09-14-at-5.29.25-PM
    rocher Friend

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any thoughts on my query re. using Contacts in Joomla to list Articles by Author in JA Magz II?

Regards, Robert

Saguaros Moderator

@rocher

I got your point but Joomla still doesn’t support this, at this moment, when you click Author, it will link to contact page. You can check the same with default Joomla template.

rocher Friend

Thanks for your response. I’m sorry, I hadn’t checked the functionality in the default Joomla template. I just assumed it worked as it sounds like it’s supposed to! Silly me, I should know better by now!! 😉

Saguaros Moderator

FYI: K2 supports this feature, you can give it a try.

rocher Friend

Thanks, I was hoping to keep the launch website as simple as possible, to get it up and running, without adding the learning curve for K2! But I may not have a choice! 🙂

Saguaros Moderator

I suggest you hire a developer to customize the com_contact view a little bit to have this feature. I believe it can be done.

rocher Friend

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m surprised there isn’t an extension for it – listing articles by author would seem to be a standard requirement, especially for magazine or news portals? I’m going to post a question about it at my next local Joomla User Group.

Regards, Robert

Saguaros Moderator

All the best, Robert!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum