Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi. On the contact us page the default form’s controls are not aligned. The textboxes(input boxes ) for example “Enter your name” and “Enter you email” is not aligned in a nice way. Where can i go to change this, i have been struggling with this and cant find it in the css?:((

Will appreciate your help.
    Thanks in advance

spider2009 Friend

I had the same problem.

It’s seems it’s a known issue within the template.

The workaround as follows:

Locate folder “templates/ja_halite/html/com_contact”

and rename into :

“templates/ja_halite/html/zcom_contact”

See if this “rename” will correct your problem.

Best.

portalworks Friend

I also have the problem. I have renamed the folder as suggested however now the form does not appear at all.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

ooweboo;149753Hi. On the contact us page the default form’s controls are not aligned. The textboxes(input boxes ) for example “Enter your name” and “Enter you email” is not aligned in a nice way. Where can i go to change this, i have been struggling with this and cant find it in the css?:((

Will appreciate your help.
    Thanks in advance

Please provide your website url with problem page. So that we can have a look and try to help you.

Arvind

treybraid Friend

guys ive got the same issue on my website using telline 3… here is my post and a possible solution…

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=149811&posted=1#post149811

trey

view of my contact forms page VIEW

drarvindc it looks like a bug especially when you compare the script of the 2 file’s…

wolfix Friend

I’m having this problem too…

This is the site I’ building… and I renamed the default.form.php file in templates/ja_halite/html/com_contact/contact and now it looks like this:

http://extraeyes.360pro.com/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=560

This is the Halite template with absolutely no edits… all I did was create a link to the contact.

http://halite.360pro.com/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=559

Thanks!

ooweboo Friend

Hi – thanks for your message. just renamed the folder and it works perfectly!!!! Thank you very much – you are a genius!

Thank you!

ooweboo Friend

Hi Can’t you maybe help me with another problem i have with the ja_ruby template.
    My Table row background color is not showing
    I have added the below code in an article to change the color of a certain row. In the back-end it changes the color, but in the frontend its not showing. i am using the red style for the template.

<tr bgcolor=”#934a43″>
    <td>Bathroom type:</td>
    <td>Ensuite Bathroom (Shower only)</td>
    </tr>

Can you please help me…? Pleaseeeeee! Did not get a reply on the forum yet and its quite urgent. thanks alot
    Thanks in advance!

spider2009 Friend

I’m not familiar with ja_ruby template.

Your post reads <blockquote>In the back-end it changes the color, but in the frontend its not showing</blockquote>

What do you mean by frontend?

Could you may be post a link to your site that demonstrates a problem?

Best.

ooweboo Friend

Thanks for the reply. When i log into the administrator section and edit the html to change the background color of my table row, it shows the change there. But when i save and view the website, the row color did not change. Dont even know where to start the search for this problem. your help would be appreciated.

My site is not live yet, i am working locally, sorry for that. Thanks alot!!!

spider2009 Friend

You expect to find this: <blockquote><tr bgcolor=”#934a43″>
    <td>Bathroom type:</td>
    <td>Ensuite Bathroom (Shower only)</td>
    </tr></blockquote>

1. Open your problem web page, i.e. “View your web site.”
    2. Access the page source via the Browser’s “View Page Source” menu:

Firefox: View -> Page Source
    IE: View -> Source

3. Locate your problem string Ensuite Bathroom (Shower only) and verify that your intended original formatting is still there, and no other formatting is present. If this is the case, then most likely there’s a CSS style that overrides your formatting. The surest way is to add formatting directly to your sentence Ensuite Bathroom (Shower only), for example using the HTML SPAN tag: <span style=”background: #934a43;”>Ensuite Bathroom (Shower only)</span>

4. Repeat step 3 for Bathroom type:

portalworks Friend

I solved the problem by installing the aiContactSafe Component. http://www.algisinfo.com/joomla/aicontactsafe.html

ooweboo Friend

Thank you for your response, will try it and let you know. thanks again!

ooweboo Friend

Thank you for your help. The formatting is there if i go to “View source”. So it must be a css that overrides it. Tried the <span> tags but then it only highlights the word and not the entire row. Guess I will have to look deeper into the css. Will let you know if i came right. thanks alot!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ooweboo 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum