Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

The “Get in touch/contact” page in the quickstart for Jadecor displays in two columns, with info on the left and the form on the right. When I just install the template I get a single column with an accordion with an ugly blank space on the right. Screenshots below

A pointer to how the quickstart got this into two columns appreciated.

Thanks
    db

1. one_column
    2. two-column
    TomC Moderator

When you installed your template, did you do so utilizing the Quickstart + Sample Data installation process ??

Saguaros Moderator

@daveburstein,

You can change the display format in the settings of contact. For example, in contact page of our demo site, we display info of a contact named Amajin Decor, you go to backend > Components > Contacts > Amajin Decor

Navigate to ‘Display’ tab and set ‘Display format’ to ‘Plain’: http://prntscr.com/3jckd1 and also make sure that you set to show the contact form in ‘Form’ tab next to it

Amit Anand Friend

Still not resolved and it is coming in one column display after selecting the “Plain”.

daveburstein Friend

Saguaros’s suggestion worked for us to go to two columns.

Saguaros Moderator

@thewebmaster,

You can PM me admin login info of site you’re working on, I will have a look.

stebson Friend

I’m struggling to get the contact page to look correct, can anyone help

1. networksound
    Saguaros Moderator

@stebson,

Did you follow my above suggestion? If it still doesn’t work, PM me admin login info of your site, I will check this for you.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi stebson,

I just received your PM and changed the menu item type of ‘Contact us’ menu to ‘Contact company’. It’s working now, Pls check again.

stebson Friend

Does anyone know where the override is for the contact page, I want to change it about a bit

ꦯꦸꦕꦶ ꦏꦸꦂꦤꦶꦲꦮꦤ꧀ Friend

Hi @stebson,

Talking about overriding, usually you can find one under *root*/templates/yourTemplate/html/com_yourcomponent

In order for us to best assisting you, please provide a screenshot, a link to your dev site, and more description of what do you want to achieve.
    also, you might want to start a new thread for different problem

hope it help 🙂

stebson Friend

Hi PMnawainruk

So basically I’m doing a little core hack so I can add some additional fields to the contact page and I’ve changed all the files I need to including “/public_html/components/com_contact/views/contact/tmpl/default_form.php” which is the actual form, however that must be being overridden, but if I look in “/public_html/templates/ja_decor/html/com_contact/contact/” I excepted to see it, but it’s not there, so have you got any ideas what I’m missing

Cheers

James.

stebson Friend

Has anyone got an answer for this please ?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi James,

If you want to customize the default form for the contact page, you can override it by copying the core file of contact component:
    /public_html/components/com_contact/views/contact/tmpl/default_form.php

into the com_contact folder in JA Decor template:
    /templates/ja_decor/html/com_contact/contact/

and make your own change there.

digimouse Friend

<em>@Saguaros 427387 wrote:</em><blockquote>@daveburstein,

You can change the display format in the settings of contact. For example, in contact page of our demo site, we display info of a contact named Amajin Decor, you go to backend > Components > Contacts > Amajin Decor

Navigate to ‘Display’ tab and set ‘Display format’ to ‘Plain’: http://prntscr.com/3jckd1 and also make sure that you set to show the contact form in ‘Form’ tab next to it</blockquote>

Hello, like thewebmaster, I also have trouble creating a new contact page that looks like the one in your demo. i have set the appearance to “Plain” and the form is visible but the layout is still single column.
    http://demo.gilda-art.gr/en/contact-gilda

Can you pls tell us what you did to fix it so we can fix it ourselves? What did thewebmaster do wrong (and me obviously)? That would be very helpful for all users.

Also, although I understand why some people insist on installing sample data, they must also understand that it’s not always possible to do that. Sometimes it’s more trouble than worth it. For example, why should you install sample data when you are migrating a 1.5 site? Chances are that you are going to loose all sample data as soon as you migrate your data from the old website. Especially if you are using extensions like MigrateMe.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum