Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Good evening everybody.
    As pointed out here the contact form has some issues: the solution provided in the mentioned post works for hiding the misc information box but we got the same problem for the contact-info box and the contact links as well.
    The default.php file seems to need to be edited again.

Please note: my site is in local; it seems a known issue, a fix would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Open Joomla admin of your site > components > contacts > contact > open the contact item and change the information with your information.
    If you want to hide the title, Misc info, Links and contact
    Just add below code in custom.css file in the css folder of the template

.plain-style .box-contact .contact-title {
    display:none;}

Regards

lawyerlinguist Friend

Thanks for your reply.
    Well, it somehow delete the whole thing, from Misc information to the links and contact info…I’d like to decide which one to delete or so keep just from the backoffice…
    Is there any way to fix it?

thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly provide a screenshot and illustrate the changes in it from demo site contact page.
    So I can see what exactly you want to hide on the contact page

Regards

lawyerlinguist Friend

thanks,
    Please note, right before you replied I edited my previous post.
    I am referring to the 3 boxes in the screenshot: I don’t want just to delete them as I haven’t decided the final layout yet: I’d like to be able to control which one to show and which one to hide from the backoffice.
    As I pointed out in my first post in this thread, there must be some issue with the contact module as a whole.
    thank you

1. Screenshot-from-2017-11-27-10-01-09
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Please check my first suggestion to edit them
    Open Joomla admin of your site > components > contacts > contact > open the contact item and change the information with your information.
    Its default Joomla contact component, you can remove misc info,lnks etc from Joomla admin
    And if you want to change the width because you do not want to show the right side information in that case you have to edit the contact PHP file.
    First, check and decide the final steps you want to keep them or remove.
    Or only want to remove them, no change in contact form space. I will suggest accordingly.

Regards

lawyerlinguist Friend

Its default Joomla contact component, you can remove misc info,lnks etc from Joomla admin

I know, but it doesn’t work.
    I have installed a quickstart version of your template: if you try yourself do you see the misc information, contact links being hidden when you hide them under contact item- display?

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I got this issue as you described the links not hidden when u set them Hide in contact options,
    I am sharing it with the development team to check and fix it.
    I will try to give you solution in next 24-48 hours for sure, thanks for your report on this issue.

Regards

lawyerlinguist Friend

Ok, thank you!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi

/templates/ja_lawfirm/html/com_contact/contact/default.php

Find

<div class="box-contact">
         <!-- Contact links -->
         <?php echo $this->loadTemplate('links'); ?>
         <!-- End contact Links -->
        </div>

Replace it with

<?php if ($tparams->get('show_links')) : ?>
     <div class="box-contact">
         <!-- Contact links -->
         <?php echo $this->loadTemplate('links'); ?>
         <!-- End contact Links -->
        </div>
     <?php endif; ?>

Save and check.
    It will fix the hide links issue.

Regards

lawyerlinguist Friend

Thanks, now the links box is ok…please wait before closing this thread, I am gonna test it carefully.

lawyerlinguist Friend

Contact info, the one you can see in the attachment, it’s still unresponsive to the backoffice settings.
    It’s always there, even when it’s supposed to be hidden.

1. contact_info
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I raised the issue to development team kindly allow us some time and it will be fixed.
    You can track this report here: https://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JALAWFIRM-50

Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum